• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fuel questions

dickdale

Local time
5:23 PM
Reaction score
How much fuel flow does a 6.4l stock Hemi needs?

I've bought a Spectra tank, model CR9CFI with an intank fuel pump (through Rockauto.com) and it states that the pump has a flow rate of 68 gph -77 gph and a pressure of 55-85 psi. The Hemi needs 58.5 psi, so that's covered.

Also where did you guys placed your fuel pressure regulator? With or without a gauge? Or gauge at another location?

1/4 vs TIme to fill 1 gallon container
7 sec---- under 12 sec
8 sec-----15
9 sec-----20
10 sec----25
11 sec----30
12 sec----35

If you want to read the whole article it is on the Barry Grant web site.

Go to the fuel delivery section, then click on TECH SUPPORT. THe artilce name is Fuel Can Dcelivery Test or something to that affect.

How much fuel flow does a 6.4l stock Hemi needs?

I've bought a Spectra tank, model CR9CFI with an intank fuel pump (through Rockauto.com) and it states that the pump has a flow rate of 68 gph -77 gph and a pressure of 55-85 psi. The Hemi needs 58.5 psi, so that's covered.

Also where did you guys placed your fuel pressure regulator? With or without a gauge? Or gauge at another location?
115.jpg
121.jpg
123.jpg

As long as you have the PSI covered you should be good,
I located the filters and regulator up front so it would be a piece of cake to service. 3/8 pressure and return, SS hard lines and PTFE SS braided flex lines.
My system flows 340 lph @ 90 psi. FYI

Last edited:
Thanks!
The regulator and gage are Aeromotive products. Filters are from Summit racing, 10 micron replaceable elements

The Spectra tank has a Walbro pump, I think 225 LPH or 59.43 GPH.
It could be a 255 lph, I would have to check the archives from when I got my fuel tank. Most of those pumps will go 90+ PSI, but the current draw really increases. Regulator will regulate pressure to that ever it is set at.

Auto Transport Service
Back