• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel regulator mounting location

Moparlike

Local time
11:34 AM
Reaction score
1969 Road Runner. 6bbl.
I’ve added an electric fuel pump, and I’m going with 1/2” fuel lines.
I’m attempting to mount a fuel regulator with a return line.

Does anyone have a suggestion where to mount the regulator?
And how/where to stuff all of these fuel lines?

Thanks!
Any photos would be huge....

My regulator on right inner fender. I'm running from the pump to the FI body-out from FI to regulator and out bottom of regulator to fuel cell return fitting.
IMG_1607.JPG

Mike

Not a RR, but similar concept. For my Cuda, I made a plate that mounts to the passenger inside fender using the horn bracket bolts. I mounted the regulator and coil on the plate. I did not want to drill extra holes in the body. The 1/2" supply line runs from the tank to the electric pump through filters to the regulator in the stock location under the body. The 1/2" return line runs parallel to the supply back to the tank.

DSC_3991[1].jpg

I mounted my regulators on the passenger inner fender just like 493 Mike. My fuel lines run "overhead" (motor) and along the firewall (nitrous) trying to keep everything as far away from the headers as possible. I will be adding some heat wrap soon, probably to both the fuel lines and the header pipes.

For the fuel lines, I ran mine along the same route as the factory fuel line (weaving in/out of the frame) to protect them in case of (God forbid) a crash. I have not added my return lines yet, and it's a little tight with two 3/8" feed lines already, so I may have to get creative on those.

Auto Transport Service
Back