• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fuel sender

blacdog2

Local time
8:44 AM
Reaction score
having a hard time finding what fuel sender i need for this 1968 dodge charger. anyone know were or wich one i should look to get info to find exactly wich one i need?? help !!!!

It's pretty simple:

A 383 or smaller engined car had a 5/16" fuel line and no return line - get the sending unit which has a 5/16" pickup and no return.

A 440 or 426 car had a 3/8" fuel line and a 1/4" return line - get the sending unit which has a 3/8" pickup and a 1/4" return nipple.

If it isn't original and you plan on putting a HUGE motor with huge fuel demands into the car, then you can get one with a 1/2" pickup.

Do you need one for a restoration? If not, then these stainless steel ones work great at a great price: http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?t=11563 I run one in my '68 and had no problems.

If you're not restoring, then I'd say upgrade to 3/8" feed and 1/4" return lines and get the matching pickup. Having a return line can help cut down on vapor lock issues.

If you're sticking with what is on the car, then measure the existing hard line and buy the matching pickup. Don't assume the original line is still on the car (as in a 383 car would have a 5/16" line - someone may have replaced the original line with a 3/8" ).

Auto Transport Service
Back