• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel tank hose question

Huicho417

Local time
8:08 PM
Reaction score
I am replacing the fuel tank on my 67 coronet this weekend and just found out my existing filler neck rubber hose as well as the two vent hoses are dry rotted. I know I can purchase them online but have to wait about a week to receive them. My goal is to finish this procedure this weekend. My local NAPA has a preformed 90 fuel line for my filler neck. What they don't have are the two smaller pre-bent lines for the vent tube. Could heater bypass hoses be used in place only for the vent line? Also, what are the specific diameters for these three hoses? Thank you

Thank you very much for the link, I just ordered all three. It was less than half of what everyone else is asking for on the entire kit.

I don't know who posted it so I can't credit them, I bookmarked it.

i had seen this in Mopar Action a while ago and had posted it on a different forum. Think your filler hose on your Coronet is similar to my 66 Charger ? Dont know about the vent hoses though..

Many years ago when I replaced my gas tank I also replaced the 2",90 degree filler neck hose. In the latest Mopar Action magazine there was a resto topic about how the proper sized repro hoses are usually EPDM rubber material not meant to deal with gasoline. After reading, I checked my hose, about 8 years old now, and sure enough, it has many cracks as described and pictured in the article. Checking around, that 2" repro hose is about $ 42 bucks with shipping.
The article suggests a Rock Auto 90 degree Gates hose of Nitrile rubber that is longer on both ends of the 90, but can be easily trimmed to fit, Only $ 16.61.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/gates,24717,fuel+filler+hose,6356

i can vouch for the Gates 24717 hose as well i used it on my recent tank replacement with good success.

Auto Transport Service
Back