• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Tank Vent Route

markbob

Local time
12:51 AM
Reaction score
I smelled gas in my garage today
My coronet gas vent was allowing gas out and there was a puddle on the ground
I think I have it routed wrong....the gas was coming out a drain hole in the frame rail
I think i have 2 grommets mixed up
I think it should be in the other hole (see pic)
D99FDA91-B58C-4F55-8FC7-5DBF444BE1F2.jpeg
[ATTACH=full

Two tank vents and pending whom made the tank they get mixed up. Shine a light into the tank, via the filler neck, and determine which vent tube is the short one and which runs right up beside the filler neck. The vent up to the upper rear shock mount bulkhead connects to the LONG vent up to the neck and the short vent is the one that connects to the loop up into the trunk. And the looped trunk one IS supposed to go into the frame rail, with the thought it will evaporate from there before it hits the ground (which didn't happen for you!)

Research the defective reproduction fuel tank issues. You may have the mixed up nipples.

Wow, it's been almost 24 hours and no one has taken a swing at that. I am depressed.
I am sure that a little pressure or suction would verify whether there is a problem. My car had the same issue!

Sorry to kinda kidnap your posting but l have a 69 charger and my vent out of the fuel line gage unit only has a nipple but no place to where it goes Now the vent for the filler neck goes inside the rear frame rail. But l can't find where the vent line from the tank goes. Can ya help

Sorry to kinda kidnap your posting but l have a 69 charger and my vent out of the fuel line gage unit only has a nipple but no place to where it goes Now the vent for the filler neck goes inside the rear frame rail. But l can't find where the vent line from the tank goes. Can ya help
My 69 charger R/T has the filler neck vent tube dumping into the frame rail. And the tank sending unit has either a single nipple or a double nipple. The extra 5/16 nipple is for a vapor return line.

Auto Transport Service
Back