• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel tank vent

Dreamcatcher

Will fish for food
Local time
4:54 AM
Reaction score
I need help with my fuel tank filler vent on my 68 charger. Can anyone tell me where it exits the trunk? It fastens to the fill tube and a small hose connects it at the top. Mine is not long enough to reach the trunk floor. I looks the same as the ones in the catalog. Just don't know where and how it would exit the trunk.
Thanks

Figured it out from a picture on the internet. I changed the trunk floor and they didn't put in the hole for the vent.

68_Trunk_6.jpg

It's good to see you putting pretty much all new parts on the fuel tank. In 2005 Unbenowst to me the gasket on the fuel filler on our 69 shrunk...we tried running the valves 2 tight on the 510 snd unfortunately our exhaust ended at the rear axle...it backfired and went woosh...caught the gas vapors on fire. Fortunately I was in the driveway and grabbed a fire extinguisher out of the semi...and put it out. Erie feeling having a gas tank on fire while your in the car. Shook me up...took a year to get behind the wheel again...with a fuel cell installed. Would like to go back to the original tank sometime...maybe with the 3/8 or larger pickup. Glad I have the car yet...and I am glad 2 be around yet 2.

Auto Transport Service
Back