• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Funny package delivery story.

SteveSS

Local time
11:35 PM
Reaction score
My son just called with this story. His new wife doesn't start her government job until September 15th so she was delivering some packages for EBAY in a swanky neighborhood called The Broadmoor. The clutch on her car was getting kind of hot so when the next delivery was up a steep hill she decided to hop out of the car and walk it up the hill.

Halfway up she met a momma Black Bear and her two cubs coming toward her. I guess a police car came around the corner and was able to bump the bears slightly so they changed direction. I know The Broadmoor has some pro golf tournaments and it's not unusual to have bears on the golf course that stop play temporarily. This is the Broadmoor Resort.

0_BroadmoorOverviewlmed.jpg

You bet your ***! The menus in the restaurants don't have prices listed. Dad used to take us to the Sunday brunch there. The waiters (no waitresses) come and go and try to be inconspicuous. They don't speak to you, they are trained to be invisible. A little way over and way up from The Broadmoor is our city zoo. It's the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. (Yes, that Cheyenne Mountain Norad Bunker from the movies.) Walking around the zoo is tantamount to a mountain hike. Looking to the east from anywhere in the zoo you get this view.

cheyenne.jpg
I wonder if that Mountain Goat is part of the zoo or if he just wandered over there!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back