• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fury ignition switch

happyjackdaddy54

Local time
6:02 PM
Reaction score
Guys, I need your help. I replaced the ignition key internals with new key. When I try to crank the engine...I get nothing. Now, electrical problems are not my cup of tea! What color wire running from the switch do I trace down to fix the problem? I have been jumping the MSD to the battery to start it. Only reason I changed ,is because it had no ignition key. Help

What year Fury? The colors of wires change through the years. I assume its 63/65? Somewhere in that range. Anyhow, You have 5 wires that come off the switch. RED,BLUE,BLACK,BROWN,YELLOW. Save and print these I made them just for you.. Well, colored them for you.

1. RED Power
  2. BLUE Goes to ballast resistor
  3. BLACK To fuse panel
  4. BROWN To Ballast resistor opposite side.
  5. YELLOW To starter relay on firewall If you have an automatic car and your neutral safety switch is not working it will not turn over. I suspect you either have a bad neutral safety switch or a bad starter relay. My money would be on the NSS though. Since if it is bad or not plugged in you would have a no turn over condition. You would be able to jump across the starter relay and it will run. But not having it run through the NSS it will not let the car turn over.
63BelvedereFurySavoyV8A.jpg
63BelvedereFurySavoyV8B.jpg

Last edited:
Just noticed those drawings say plymouth V8 and Plymouth 6 however the principal is the same. Fixed the uploaded picture to the correct V8 one. It wasn't them it was me. I grabbed the wrong one.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back