• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fusible link question for the early cars

Yep, just power for the horns..
Agreed, I have something going on in the steering column on mine, intermittently blows the horn when making turns that I have to fix here soon. So my horn relay is disconnected

Thanks all. I'll pick up an M+H repop for the tool box.
And put the hemi part number in my saved ebay search file. Just in case an original pops up

Strange that yellow isnt in that Dodge listing in post 5 but considering the two low milage cars here, that appears to be what was originally installed. Wonder what gage wire link they used?

Strange that yellow isnt in that Dodge listing in post 5 but considering the two low milage cars here, that appears to be what was originally installed. Wonder what gage wire link they used?
Dodge truck SM. Looked in 66 and 67 SM didn't anything like that, could have missed it.

No info on the yellow one on wire size. Probably no different than the blue one. Let’s see, do I have a spray can of pale yellow paint?

There are all kinds of fusible links on the bay.
But darn few with 2 wires like I need

And Im more after the correct wire size than I am the correct color molded tab. My car is far from and never will be an all oe correct trailer queen while I own it
BUT, if I can get both. All the better

$48 for postage?

I'll pass
Wasn't expecting anyone to buy it for a '66 as I clearly stated it's stenciled with a pre '66 part number. It was to show the yellow tab used... nothing else. I'll go to work now...

But what is the correct wire size??

But what is the correct wire size??
FSM shows H1 = 20 Guage and Black and A1B = 16 Guage and Dark Blue. There is no reference to a "hemi" specific link which we've already determined is both Black wires. The standard part would have a female spade on the H1 and the A1B would have a male lock in spade for the bulkhead conector vs a ring terminal for the hemi specific link. I see no reason why the hemi would require more amperage to the car than any other engine so suspect it would still be 16 gauge.

While we are here, the FSM also shows A1A (the wire from battery to starter relay) as 10 Guage and Black.

Fusible links are lighter gauge than the circuit wiring.

Postage changes automatically to what ever your postal code is.. $19.39 to Fran, $85.49 US to me... and it's actually shipping from 40 miles from me in Ontario.
So shipping to Texas is $48, I see say the blind man. Cheaper to ship it to someone near Canadian border in US and repackage in bubble envelope and mail in a US post office to TX.

So shipping to Texas is $48, I see say the blind man. Cheaper to ship it to someone near Canadian border in US and repackage in bubble envelope and mail in a US post office to TX.
Thats what it shows to ship to me here in AZ.

I was already to buy them both untill I saw that,

Thanks , but no thanks

I'll stick with the M+H repop

Auto Transport Service
Back