• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FYI - 73/74 Roadrunner Leaf Springs (Whats available)

idrivemopar

Local time
3:21 AM
Reaction score
Just wanted to pass along some informaiton to those that may not be aware regarding 73/74 Roadrunner Leaf Springs.

I have been trying to find a direct replacement set of 6 leaf leaf springs for my 73 Roadrunner, and most places, Firm Feel, YearOne, Mopar Performance only carry the 72 and older springs, which do work on 73/74, however, you do have to make modifications, either by welding in a washer in the axle perch or using an ISO delete kit, which is a problem if you want to keep the original configuation with the sway bar setup and height.

There is one company that does sell correct 73 and 74 leaf springs, and that is Springs and Things. They told me for those that dont or didnt know(like me), 73 was a one year spring, and 74 was a one year spring. However, they do have these available so you dont need to do any modificaitons. There price is also very good, and they also perform the final arcing on them so you are guaranteed a proper height on both sides of your car.

Cheers!

Did not know that- thanks.

Where are they located?

I have a complete 72 8 3/4 with sway bar setup, springs, the whole deal.
Will that bolt in to my 73? What's the deal with the sway bar?

Thanks

If i understand this correctly, 72 and older springs will work, however, the spring pin in the center is smaller diameter, and does not have the collar that fits into the spring isolators and the axle perch, therefore there is a gap. The recommendation is to use a isolator delete kit, or weld in a washer into the axle perch and once you do that, the sway bar plates will not have anything to keep them in line. If you have a complete 72 setup, that may work, but for those of us that have 73, using the incorrect springs will be problematic.

Springs and things is located in Danville PA.

Auto Transport Service
Back