• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FYI: Retrosound's Redondo Line Of In-Dash Rados To Fit late 60's to early 70's Mopars

soundhd

Local time
10:27 AM
Reaction score
Finally someone has taken the time to develop a line of stock looking radio/receiver's that will fit in the stock locations on late 60's to early 70's Mopars (even the hard to fit 70 B Bodies), the Redondo line. Below is a link to the video from the 2014 SEMA show. No info on their web site yet. Supposed to be available in the middle of April 2015. Will have USB and Bluetooth capabilities along with the RCA type outputs for external amps.
Congrats to Retrosound.

http://www.dragtimes.com/video-viewer.php?v=6RD5i3tThuU&feature

Cool, have to take a look for my 65 Coronet. No radio at the moment.

For a complete stock look, but with both am and fm and aux inputs, check out Vintage AutoSound at http://woodradios.com/. The conversions are really slick, 100% stock look. Great sound and power

The Redondo is being advertised in Hot Rod and Mopar Muscle for $399. Classic Industries lists the radio for $339 with no Discount Exempt flag so possibly could be got for 15% - 20% off? But they're out-of-stock.

The face is LED not dial so it's not exactly OEM looking. If you Google you'll find several companies that repair and upgrade the thumb wheels for about the same listed price. In my particular case the unit came with an 8 Track which I'll never use, but it doesn't have pre-set buttons so it can still be upgraded to FM/USB/MP-3 but I still gotta spin the wheel.

I had the thumbwheel in my swinger modified with modern guts, works great. But, I've been having trouble finding a good, cheap thumbwheel unit for my 68 coronet so I can do the same thing. Then I saw this in the classic ind Book. I think I'm going this route, hope it's worth it

Update: Sent an e-mail to Retrosound today to try and get an update on when the Redondo radios for Mopars will be available and it has been pushed back to first quarter of 2016.

Copy of the replay to the e-mail:
Good morning. The Redondo radio is due the 1st quarter of 2016. We had some last minute updates to make it the best it can be. Check our website for updates. www.retromanufacturing.com Thanks!

Auto Transport Service
Back