• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G-Tech Pro

Local time
11:25 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me of thier experience using the G-Tech Pro ? I'm not interested in spending time at the race track at this time but I'm sure interested in what my car is capable of.

@62440

I've had their older "RR" model for about 10 years.

I haven't been able to use it for a few because the very oddly shaped mount broke and to use it it must be perfectly immobile. The unit it's self is also oddly shaped and difficult to affix in a way that prohibits movement.

Now for the good news-

It does rock.

I was able to do several "back road" 1/8 mile runs in my Dakota R/T.

It starts as soon as it feels acceleration and records ET and MPH as well as HP expended and shows the RPM curve. I can't remember if you can set a count down timer or not.

The RR model is also capable of lateral G force recording.

I believe the newer designs are designed in a much more rectangular prism style which should greatly assist with mounting.

Mine has virtually zero straight edges or planes except the display requiring me to wire tie it tightly across the display to mount it and then cut the tie each time I want to view the display :(

Çould you not fix the mount with something like JB Weld ? And, Or drill it and pin it. I could remember them from years ago but couldn't remember what they were called, l found thier Web site the other day and it looks like a great tool. As soon as my bank acct recovers from my cars paint job I'm going to get one.

The mount is flexible engineering plastic and flexes to snap over the unit.

Of course it broke right at the key flex point.

Those forms of plastic do not take well to glue, paint or any other adhesive, plus a blob of JB would interfere with the cradling operation.

I've considered running screws through the back of the housing from the inside out, cribbing up the difference in height and screwing it to a more rectangular block of wood or plastic.
Tight quarters inside though.

Not sure what would ever posses an engineering staff to design a housing for a precision instrument in such an odd shape.

It's also a suction cup mount, and I've never had good luck with those.

It's been on the back burner for quite some time.

Maybe this post will spark me back into it.

gtech.jpg

Maybe keep the part that cradles the unit and make your own mount. Shame not to be able to use it.

Auto Transport Service
Back