• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garage Car Ramps

GetX'd

Making Life Great Again!
Local time
7:00 PM
Reaction score
A while back someone posted a thread about car ramps. Tried in vain can't find it. I have limite space in my garage - very limited. Someone suggested car ramps that were plastic and came in different sizes and strengths. Should have bought them then. It strikes me they were black and yellow, easy to store and could easily hold the weight of our cars - mines about 3650. I googled plastic car ramps and while many came up - I didn't see these - which had a distinct name and look. Does anyone remember those ramps or have favorites that are lightweight, safe, and easy to store? As I recall the price was pretty reasonable too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Plastic Rhino Ramps from Autozone. Love em, haven't slipped yet.

I know they are pricey but worth every penny...I have Race Ramps...

Got a set of metal ones that I'd give to you if you'd come pick them up - go figure you're in CA and I'm in NC ( could we be any further apart ? )

And if have to see if I still have them

Last edited:
Got mine from Harbor Freight : https://www.harborfreight.com/magnum-16000-auto-ramp-set-with-built-in-safety-chock-67722.html Work well and you can remove the ramp from the block to give you better access.
Dave - thx for the tip. My front tires are about 8" tread width. Can you tell me how wide your ramps are? I assume you bought the rear tire chocks as well? They say 16000 lbs so I have to assume they're pretty solid. That's a really good price - safety is my main concern. You're pretty happy with them aye?

Here's some you can build, better than any plastic ones.
f6498f159a09188e648d3bccbc67d672.jpg

Or if you have a way of lifting your car, many shops build these.
PictureDD002-1.jpg
woodst1da.jpg

Great thread! Been looking into something so I can do my own oil changes at home. Not looking to spend a ton of cash but definitely needs to be safe.

Just measured the Rhino's- 10-1/2". Haven't slipped on concrete or asphalt,yet..

Here's some you can build, better than any plastic ones.
View attachment 433801
Or if you have a way of lifting your car, many shops build these.
View attachment 433802 View attachment 433803
I live in a condo - no room for anything. Don't even have a driveway. That's why I need space saving ramps. I think the Rhinos fit the bill for me. Nice and wide, easy to store and hold 12-16000 lbs. Thx for the thought though Nut. If I had a house and more space I could do more.

I made of pair of low rise ramps for changing oil on my daughter's PT but use them on everything now. It's made with stacked 2x12's. I have another set of homemade ramps that are 12" wide and 12" tall made with steel square tube and wood. The ramp part is 39" long....

My back tires are 29X15.0R15LT M/T Sportsman Radials. Fronts are 205/70R15. The platform that the tire sits on is 10"W X 15" L X 6.5" H. They are some form of plastic made in a honeycomb design that would be next to impossible to fail. I usually use my floor jack to get the car up and then set these under the tires. I've only used the ramp section a time or two. I like these better than jackstands if I'm not messing with the wheels/tires. Very stable.

DSCN0650.JPG

My back tires are 29X15.0R15LT M/T Sportsman Radials. Fronts are 205/70R15. The platform that the tire sits on is 10"W X 15" L X 6.5" H. They are some form of plastic made in a honeycomb design that would be next to impossible to fail. I usually use my floor jack to get the car up and then set these under the tires. I've only used the ramp section a time or two. I like these better than jackstands if I'm not messing with the wheels/tires. Very stable.

View attachment 433912
Thx Dave - Sweet ride you have there. I was going to get the rhino ramps - but I think I've changed my mind to these from HF. I like the features and size. Thx for,the extra detail. I'm mostly just goi g to use them for oil changes. I've got a deep sump Miloden and there's no way to get under there w/o ramps. These should do the trick.

My Rhino Ramps skidded all over the garage floor. I took them back.

I have an older set of steel ramps similar to the harbor freight, and they tend to skid a little, too. You can cut a 2x4 to equal lengths to set the ramps a certain distance from your garage wall to make certain they stay in place. As you, or someone mentioned, wheel chocks are also needed.

Auto Transport Service
Back