• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gas gauge works!

mikeyfrano

Local time
10:57 AM
Reaction score
I got my tictok tach installed, wired everything back up Installed the cluster and now my gas gauge works! Must not have been hooked up correctly the first time. Yeah! I know how much gas I have now!

Sounds good! If checking gauge cluster with it pulled away from the dash, use a jumper wire to ground the cluster to the dash. It normally grounds when the cluster is screwed into the dash.

That ground screw can do the weirdest things if not installed or too loose. The wipers or gauges or lights or.... Grounding is critical on all electric circuitry.

A working gas gauge is very rewarding. One of the most frustrating things to fix sometimes. Nice job!

That ground screw can do the weirdest things if not installed or too loose. The wipers or gauges or lights or.... Grounding is critical on all electric circuitry.

specially to the gauges. An ungrounded Voltage limiter will burn the gauges!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back