• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gas pedal attachment

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:45 PM
Reaction score
Looks like the base of the gas pedal is glues to the carpet. Is that how its supposed to be mounted?

There's usually 2 studs on the base of the pedal, with the nuts accessible from the underside.

There's usually 2 studs on the base of the pedal, with the nuts accessible from the underside.
Thanks so underside you mean under the car like how seats are mounted through the floor?

Thanks so underside you mean under the car like how seats are mounted through the floor?
Yes, here's a pic of a new one for my '63...
0409201149.jpg

To add to that, under the carpet there is a square of foam that rather gives it space between the floor and the carpet. My 66 Coronet pedal looks just like the one above.

To add to that, under the carpet there is a square of foam that rather gives it space between the floor and the carpet. My 66 Coronet pedal looks just like the one above.
Thanks when I pull it I will look out for it! Thanks again for the added info!!

Auto Transport Service
Back