• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gauge cluster disassembly??

91r/t

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:55 AM
Reaction score
Hey all! Looking at my dads 66 Charger gauge cluster and I need to disassemble the lenses and can't figure out how they come apart. Do the clear ring parts with temp, speedo, alt, etc. come out through the front or the back of the actual bezel? Also what holds them in? This has little tabs it looks but they break off when you touch them. Anyone have any info I'd appreciate it. Pics would be awesome!

Hey all! Looking at my dads 66 Charger gauge cluster and I need to disassemble the lenses and can't figure out how they come apart. Do the clear ring parts with temp, speedo, alt, etc. come out through the front or the back of the actual bezel? Also what holds them in? This has little tabs it looks but they break off when you touch them. Anyone have any info I'd appreciate it. Pics would be awesome!

I have a couple instrument clusters out of the dash, if i can take any pics to help or anything just let me know.

manual7.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Is this where you are at? Now taking them apart?

It is very difficult to get 50 plus year old hardened silicone cut out to get those old broken lenses out. It can be done with patience. Critical that you don't break the bezel itself. You can contact me thru my website if you'd like. Google Gaugedoc.

Thanks,

Mark

It is very difficult to get 50 plus year old hardened silicone cut out to get those old broken lenses out. It can be done with patience. Critical that you don't break the bezel itself. You can contact me thru my website if you'd like. Google Gaugedoc.

Thanks,

Mark

Thanks for the info man! I have a junk old bezel I will try and mess with first to see how they all come apart and then I will attempt it on my good one if I feel up to it. Any gauge issues and/or stuff not working, I will get in touch with you for sure! Thanks again!

Auto Transport Service
Back