• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GCAR Plastic Restoration

tnfastback

Local time
4:55 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone used GCAR to have their plastic chrome redone on gauge bezels??

I have had several gauge clusters done by Red Line Gauge works and I think he told me that's who does his plastic re-chrome.Looks great.

I used GCAR for a Lil Red Express bezel a year or two ago. Good price and work. Only thing I could ask is that he communicates better. Weeks went by and never heard anything. I had to call a couple times before I got him. I just wanted to confirm he received the package. Seems my call was the first time he went looking for it to receive the package.

GCAR did the bezel for my 65. I was not impressed with the quality. Chrome was not consistent and hazy in places. Looks like sanding scratches showing through.
Others seems to have had better luck than me.

Last edited:
Vacuum ornamental even did the painting on the cluster as well I am very happy with mine had them polish the lens too

GCAR has done several bezels for me. Cant recommend them enough. Mine look great and have held up very well over the years.

Auto Transport Service
Back