• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GD dumpster gouge !@#$%^ Anyone else pay for one?

YY1

Local time
10:32 PM
Reaction score
So about 6 years ago, I kicked Republic to the curb because they raised my cost 25-35% every year.

I found a local company that only charged 1/2 what Republic did. ($96 vs $210)
This is for the smallest dumpster you can get IIRC 3 yd.
Came with a word of mouth guarantee of only a 3-5% annual increase.

Life was good until.....

That company got bought out by another large national company.
The next bill was a 65% increase!
(OK, I'm still not at $200)

Then that company got bought out by Waste Management last year.
3 months later my bill had a $30 surcharge for not using paperless billing and auto bill.
WTF?

Just 3 months of auto bill and today-

$189 charge.

Nice of them to let me know.
That's exactly what I was afraid of- an undocumented surprise increase.

100% increase in 3 years.

Curious as to what anyone else might be experiencing.

Maybe a neighbor will spit one with you. A 55 gallon drum and book of matches works pretty good at disposing trash but the neighbors might frown on it if you live in a populated area.

Just curious. Where in Florida Is this happening? Maybe you can share a dumpster with an adjacent business? There should be a Law limiting cost increases.

Our trash went up twice this past year… Forget how much but it’s a necessity that I can’t control as every other company is priced with in a few dollars… Everything has gone up the past two years…

I suppose I should just call it even for all the "Guess what I found in my dumpster" threads.

When I started with WM in '12, I paid about $60 or so for 2/wk pickup every 3 months. It slowly crept up and hovered around $95 to $105, but over the past two years, it has shot up like crazy. My last bill was $179.29 and this next bill is $172.89. Fuel charge is $57.48 this next bill, and I know it was more last bill. We did have a small drop in fuel price here. I had contemplated a dumpster, but the smallest (about 3yds) was $250 or more, and per month. Screw that noise!! The other company is about the same, but only picks up once per wk.

I switched to a new dumpster company a year ago to save about 50 bucks a month and now they’ve been bought out by another company. Fortunately, the price is staying the same for a year.

It seems as the smaller trash companies are getting swallowed by the bigger ones left and right.

It seems as the smaller trash companies are getting swallowed by the bigger ones left and right.
Most of my neighbors switched to a cheaper trash guy who literally does it with a pick up truck and a trailer… I called him as he was $25-30 cheaper every three months.. When we called he told me the landfill raised his rates to where it will be about the same as the large companies… So it seems if they can’t buy them they make them join them…

When I started with WM in '12, I paid about $60 or so for 2/wk pickup every 3 months. It slowly crept up and hovered around $95 to $105, but over the past two years, it has shot up like crazy. My last bill was $179.29 and this next bill is $172.89. Fuel charge is $57.48 this next bill, and I know it was more last bill. We did have a small drop in fuel price here. I had contemplated a dumpster, but the smallest (about 3yds) was $250 or more, and per month. Screw that noise!! The other company is about the same, but only picks up once per wk.

Mine also started in 2012 but I paid $60 per month.

How did you get 66% less on a 3 month bill?

Mine also started in 2012 but I paid $60 per month.

How did you get 66% less on a 3 month bill?
Arizona?? Can't remember, I've slept since then...

I'm paying $65 per month for a 2yd. Pick up weekly. Was $55 for years but just went up. In the Phoenix area.

I'm paying $65 per month for a 2yd. Pick up weekly. Was $55 for years but just went up. In the Phoenix area.

DANG.

We are getting SCREWED.

The only time mine was ever the same from year to year was after I changed to the local company but before they got bought out.

I can't stand Waste Management. Unfortunately, for me that is who I am forced to use for a dumpster service. Within a year of a new company starting up, the prick WM buys them out because they are losing to much business to the new company. They have a total monopoly here.

Yep.

Republic had the county contract and they got paid out NOT to bid for the next year.

The company that won that contract came in and bought out the local company after the first year AND PRICES WENT UP, then WM bought them a year later AND PRICES WENT UP.

Last edited:
I guess I should consider myself very
lucky. Our trash pickup is included in
our water bill. My last bill for both
combined was $62.00.
Faced with the prices y'all are paying
I'd definitely be searching for ways
to reduce the output.
Though, I know what a major pain it
is to separate recyclables. $200 a
month for trash pickup is crazy.

Auto Transport Service