• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gear Mesh

Thackdaddy

Local time
6:08 AM
Reaction score
This my first time doing this so I am looking for input. Backspace is .007 and I am using a .030 shim.

20210616_190329.jpg

Last edited:
167C5FBB-7CE5-4C4A-8BAD-2F57AA991DB7.png
That looks pretty close to what you want. Picture is always a bit hard to tell..maybe sink the pinion a hair deeper?. but I like to use this little cheat sheet.
Are these new gears or re-using a set?

Nice sheet! The gear are new, you and your sheet confirm my thoughts, a thicker shim...thank you!

Pinion is too shallow. It's running off the face of the tooth. Check page 16 top left picture. These are by far the best instructions you'll ever see.
Doug

Attachments

• yukon_general_installation_instructions.pdf
    658 KB · Views: 101
Pinion is too shallow. It's running off the face of the tooth. Check page 16 top left picture. These are by far the best instructions you'll ever see.
Doug
Awesome, thank you.

After taking apart and putting back together many times I am hoping this is the one?

35drive.jpg 35coast.jpg

Last edited:
Got it all done and installed with about 20 miles on it, all seems good to go. Thanks for the help!

Auto Transport Service
Back