• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gear Vendors Coupon Code?

Fullthrottle303

Local time
3:28 PM
Reaction score
I am ready to order an overdrive kit for my 67 GTX from Gear Vendors, does anyone have or know where to find a coupon code? I just installed Holley wheels, new tires, and recieved 3.91 gears from Dr. Diff. Thank you!

20220401_185420.jpg

I am ready to order an overdrive kit for my 67 GTX from Gear Vendors, does anyone have or know where to find a coupon code? I just installed Holley wheels, new tires, and recieved 3.91 gears from Dr. Diff. Thank you!

View attachment 1269854
I have never seen a discount code for GV. I have paid list price for 2 of them.
Mike

List for 1, never saw any code. What rpm are you hoping to run at 80mph. GV, 3.73's, 26.5" tires, 3,200 rpm at 80. GV is only 0.78 overdrive.

I just emailed Gear Vendors yesterday about any delays to be expected due to supply chain issues before ordering. They replied they are a little backed up, but only about 8 weeks. Yep a coupon code would be nice. Even SMS offered I think 20% off certain things when the "scamdemic" was first hitting businesses hard.

List for 1, never saw any code. What rpm are you hoping to run at 80mph. GV, 3.73's, 26.5" tires, 3,200 rpm at 80. GV is only 0.78 overdrive.
I didn't do the math for rpm's, just for final drive. I have 3.23's now. 3.91's should result in a 3.05 final with the gear vendor. I put a fair amount of highway miles on and the 3.23's aren't terrible so I figure a little improvement on the highway and a pretty drastic improvement in town should be good. The new tires are a bit taller as well.

I didn't do the math for rpm's, just for final drive. I have 3.23's now. 3.91's should result in a 3.05 final with the gear vendor. I put a fair amount of highway miles on and the 3.23's aren't terrible so I figure a little improvement on the highway and a pretty drastic improvement in town should be good. The new tires are a bit taller as well.
Here's a calculator that I use. I live in the SW and open interstate everywhere. 80 is slow here. 3,200 rpm for hrs is a lot of fuel.

https://www.reillymotorsports.com/speed-tire-rpm-calculator.html

I had a Gear Vendors. The overdrive they have is okay....
.78 isn’t great but it is better than direct drive. Us Mopar guys are almost as bad off as AMC guys in terms of OD transmission options.
The 518 is okay if you’re running an A-LA-3 G Hemi but any B-RB guy knows the struggle.
I sold my GV years ago and later swapped in a 5 speed Tremec with a .64 overdrive. To me, THAT makes a difference. A shift to fifth and the rpms drop by 36%.

Would love to have the 'Viper' T56. With 4.56 gears and 29" tires, it's 113 at 3k in 6th gear.....unless I ran the calculator wrong....

Auto Transport Service
Back