• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gen 3 Hemi Gauges, Wiring, ABS, TPMS

LucasK

Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
I am working on putting a 6.4 Hemi from a 2012 challenger srt8 into my 68 charger. In addition to the engine trans, i am installing the entire wiring harness because i am using the 2012 shifter, pedal, steering column and gauge cluster. Along with the complete harness i have ABS, Traction Control, TPMS, seatbelts signals, airbags, none of which i plan to use.. Does anyone know if its possible to disable these features? If not disable, is there a way to remove the warning lights from the gauge cluster? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Cheers.

i believe that it is possible but you need to have the ECU rewritten/flashed. As I recall the guys from Gas Monkey ran into this issue when they built a Dart with a Hellcat engine. As I recall they were working with Dakota Digital or someone. Regardless, you need someone who can alter the ECU (I am sure you know this).

I am working on putting a 6.4 Hemi from a 2012 challenger srt8 into my 68 charger. In addition to the engine trans, i am installing the entire wiring harness because i am using the 2012 shifter, pedal, steering column and gauge cluster. Along with the complete harness i have ABS, Traction Control, TPMS, seatbelts signals, airbags, none of which i plan to use.. Does anyone know if its possible to disable these features? If not disable, is there a way to remove the warning lights from the gauge cluster? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Cheers.
You forgot about the signal to open the window a little before you shut the door. You will be in a nightmare soon, and the support from Mopar is awful. I'm sure there is someone out there that can do it, but you will find everything is "top secret". It's very hard to get anyone to do it, and also very expensive. I'll keep you in my prayers...

As I eluded to in our PM, Just ditch the stock instrument cluster and go with some after market gauges of your choice and wire the car from scratch. You will thank yourself. I say that having TRIED to sort all of that mess out and wasting tons of time and MONEY! You will find all off that **** will not be missed. You screw up ONE data line in a bundle and you are screwed 100 ways.

Yes you can program everything to work. It’s just finding the person that can do it.

As I eluded to in our PM, Just ditch the stock instrument cluster and go with some after market gauges of your choice and wire the car from scratch. You will thank yourself. I say that having TRIED to sort all of that mess out and wasting tons of time and MONEY! You will find all off that **** will not be missed. You screw up ONE data line in a bundle and you are screwed 100 ways.

The only problem is I have already modified the entire car and cut holes to fit the stock wiring harness. The car runs and the gauges work its just the warning lights I want gone. I've spent plenty of time fabricating the 2012 instrument cluster into the 68 dash I would rather not try to do it again ha.

Sounds like you may have made it as far as or father than anyone else so you may be the pioneer the rest of the way.

The only problem is I have already modified the entire car and cut holes to fit the stock wiring harness. The car runs and the gauges work its just the warning lights I want gone. I've spent plenty of time fabricating the 2012 instrument cluster into the 68 dash I would rather not try to do it again ha.
I apologize for my previous log - didn't mean to be a downer... If you have the car running and gauges are working then that is most of the battle. I think the are a few ways to do what you want. One is simply to disable the light. The signal is sent by the PCM and you could pull/disable the pin sending the signal. You need to take your PCM number and get a pin layout diagram. There is some good information on hellcat.org/threads/pcm-pinout.240752/ Please let me know if I can help, and let us know what you find .

I apologize for my previous log - didn't mean to be a downer... If you have the car running and gauges are working then that is most of the battle. I think the are a few ways to do what you want. One is simply to disable the light. The signal is sent by the PCM and you could pull/disable the pin sending the signal. You need to take your PCM number and get a pin layout diagram. There is some good information on hellcat.org/threads/pcm-pinout.240752/ Please let me know if I can help, and let us know what you find .

Your weren't a downer, its the truth there is a lot of misc. wires/sensors. Correct me if I wrong but if i pull the pin that sends the signal, wouldn't the warning permanently stay on? I thought that's how it worked with the warning lights if any of the signal wires were cut its default was to stay on and it that bulb was broken it would illuminate a secondary bulb. The main problem i have with the ABS and TPMS is that they aren't just warning bulbs they are text on the main display on the cluster, which toggles through. Does anyone know of anyone that has had an ECU reworked or rewritten?

Auto Transport Service
Back