• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gen II Hemi in 66 Plym, headers?

PsyOps

Local time
5:34 AM
Reaction score
I am looking at buying a 1966 Plymouth Satellite, SB/727, driver, to eventually put a Gen II hemi into. The Hemi will be stock dimentions. Before I pull the trigger on the sale, I cannot find a set of headers for the swap. Almost all header applications say they'll fit a '67 so why not a '66? Am I missing something? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

OK, I'm an idiot. Just had to scroll down the TTI website a little more. Issue resolved. Sorry to waste everyone's time.

Don't feel bad, there are a lot of differences between 66-67. Dimensionality they are the same car in the engine compartment.

Don't feel bad, there are a lot of differences between 66-67. Dimensionality they are the same car in the engine compartment.
Lots differences besides the real obvious. A lot of people don't even notice the steering column is different or the dual pot MC to name a couple. Other than that, yup, same body/frame....

I am looking at buying a 1966 Plymouth Satellite, SB/727, driver, to eventually put a Gen II hemi into. The Hemi will be stock dimentions. Before I pull the trigger on the sale, I cannot find a set of headers for the swap. Almost all header applications say they'll fit a '67 so why not a '66? Am I missing something? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Holley has everything from motor mounts to headers to trans mounts and of course stand alone engine management.

Holley has absolutely nothing for Gen II.
Sorry, thought it said Gen III. I'm used to those hemis being referred to as 426 Hemis or just a hemi. Hooker makes headers for B bodies with a Hemi, don't they? I'd have to look.

Thanks for the responses. I've read horror stories here & on other sites that repeatedly trash Hooker headers. People that use TTIs seem to be well pleased with them. In looking at the TTI site, I note the variety of design for different years and combs of blocks/heads/suspensions while Hooker has two part numbers for different primary tube sizes. I'll pay the extra $$$ for better engineering rather than spending the same money on headache medicine & contributions to the swearing jar. I appreciate ya'll.

Sorry to bust in, but have you considered
custom? Given you have a mfg nearby?
This set on a custom tube frame 440
equipped cost me $340.00.
PM if you would like the name and
number of the place that did mine.
He did a set for me on a V-8 equipped
Jeep 20 years ago. Zero problems.
20210321_144848.jpgIMG_20190904_220031_01~2.jpg20190108_143834(1).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back