• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General Opinion Question

olddog67

Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
So over this coming winter I plan on painting my Charger. Color...well that's still up in the air for the most part but Im leaning toward white of some shade.
I have black 8" Aero Race wheels on the car and love them, I get lots of compliments on them actually. I was a big Nascar fan when they actually raced lol, drove asphalt circle cars for a while myself, hence I chose these wheels.
I was contemplating doing the car in white and leaving the black wheels on that I have but getting decals made and placed on magnetic backing to mimic the 66 Charger David Pearson drove to the 66 championship (mines a 67 but whatever!)

So what would you think if you saw this rolling into a show? Cheesy or a nice tribute but cheesy lol? Similair to this below but maintain 100% stock.

pearson.jpg

Not my personal preference, but it will draw attention. My 68 Hemi SS Dart is as original, but no day 2 additions such as roll bar and Decals. It does have day 2 wheels. My opinion is make yourself happy.

I think you would have a lot of fun with it done up that way and it could always be easily converted back if you grow tired of it.

Not my bag either but hey, do what makes YOU happy, it's your car.

why not do the same thing,but with magnetized copies of old Drag car stickers?
then you could run some Day 2 Mags as well,really set the car off...?

White is the easiest color to paint covers many boo boos. Make sure you prime in the gdarkest primer you can. This contrary to common knowledge will make the white pop like you can not believe.

There are many of the white NASCAR replicas out there. I personally like this --- but each to their own.
NASCARisaac01.jpg

So over this coming winter I plan on painting my Charger. Color...well that's still up in the air for the most part but Im leaning toward white of some shade.
I have black 8" Aero Race wheels on the car and love them, I get lots of compliments on them actually. I was a big Nascar fan when they actually raced lol, drove asphalt circle cars for a while myself, hence I chose these wheels.
I was contemplating doing the car in white and leaving the black wheels on that I have but getting decals made and placed on magnetic backing to mimic the 66 Charger David Pearson drove to the 66 championship (mines a 67 but whatever!)

So what would you think if you saw this rolling into a show? Cheesy or a nice tribute but cheesy lol? Similair to this below but maintain 100% stock.

View attachment 754436

Me, I would walk past Hemi E & B bodies to look at that 67 Charger painted up and looking like back in the 60s nascar.

I like this picture too. Notice the spoiler on the trunk lid.
NASCARisaac02.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys.
I know its not everyones cup of tea and hell it may not be mine either thats why I was thinking the magnetic decals. Im not going for a replica of the car but a street driven replica sorta, make sense? And I like the drag racing decal idea too!
Bobby Isaac's car is wicked yes but I think it would look odd if I didnt like the look and pulled the decals off, Id just have a red/white odd looking car without the decal thats why I was thinking of Pearson's car, pull them off and its still a decent looking white 67 Charger. And I have much respect for Pearson & Cotton Owens and what they brought to Nascar!

Auto Transport Service
Back