• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General Spring ?

popslavaz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:49 PM
Reaction score
Looking to replace rear springs on my ‘71 RR. 383-4 speed stock motor with a whopping 303 hp. General spring Co. offers a stock replacement for my car. Has anyone used them?? Other option are the XHD’s from ma mopar. Do not want the lumber wagon ride associated with XHD name. Also sticking with stock ride height.I only want to do this once!!!! Thanks POPS

Yes those are the stocker’s that I am thinking about using.

They were having a sale but not sure if or when it ended

I put the Hemi springs on my 67 Satellite. Great fit and all the paraphernalia fit and worked great.

Some people just add a leaf, worked well on my friends 67 Satellite.
I bought 440, Hemi springs for my Charger a few years ago, from Mopar Performance car dropped a about 1” lower than the old springs. Went back to the dealer, guess what no warranty with a p number part. Parts were made in Mexico. Complained to Chrysler, the representative was supposed to meet me at the dealer. The representative set up 2 appointments, didn’t show up. The dealers Parts Manager had a full refund cheque made out to me and apologized. Told me to do whatever I wanted with the springs. I had a new set custom made, everything is good.
If I did it again, I would try adding a leaf for the cost factor and see if that would work.

I put a set of Espo +1" springs on my Dart and very happy with the quality and price.

I added 2 springs to my new set MP SS and nothing thats why I went with ESPO and they can do +1 or +2 if you want for same price.

I added 2 springs to my new set MP SS and nothing thats why I went with ESPO and they can do +1 or +2 if you want for same price.
Any plus or minus from factory stock height are an extra cost from ESPO.

I used general spring and think the quality is great. They also helped me with all the hardware I needed.

Any plus or minus from factory stock height are an extra cost from ESPO.
I bought +2 for my challenger and was not charged,this was 4 years ago maybe they changed.

I bought +2 for my challenger and was not charged,this was 4 years ago maybe they changed.
I have bought 3 sets from them in the last 3 years. Every time I got something other than stock height it was an extra $50. Maybe they just started charging extra a few years ago. You wouldn't think it should make a difference because they say that they make them all anyway.

May I ask how much a pair of 68-70 b body springs sell for from espo?
I have bought 3 sets from them in the last 3 years. Every time I got something other than stock height it was an extra $50. Maybe they just started charging extra a few years ago. You wouldn't think it should make a difference because they say that they make them all anyway.

Called ESPO today for quote. Stock five leaf $210 and HD six leaf $250 for my ‘71RR. Plus $92.19 shipping for the pair.

May I ask how much a pair of 68-70 b body springs sell for from espo?
Just checked and see that I have bought 4 sets from them. 2 sets were factory height at $250 for the pair. The other 2 sets were not stock height and were $290 for the pair. Plus shipping of course.

Auto Transport Service
Back