• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gerst or RMS

DreRacing

Local time
10:44 AM
Reaction score
Sorry for bringing this up again for the thousand time, but.
I am now ready to order a front suspension for my build.
I have boiled it down to go with either RMS or gerst.
The question that remains is:
both use mustang 2 spindle, but gerst use a 2" drop spindle for lowering, while rms use loweing springs.

In my head the drop spindle is the best alternative, to keep the geometry right.

And are both of them powder coated or just painted?

\\ tom andre

Neither.... unless you’re after a suspension LESS durable than stock. Mustang spindles!

I would agree that the spindle would be preferable generally but I personally would favor RMS over Gerst mainly because RMS seems to be more in use on Mopars and from what I have read/heard, RMS really has spent a lot of time ensuring that their system works correctly with Mopars.

Gerst was bought out by QA1, and prices soared to nearly 60% over what Gerst had on his kits.

If you must certainly go with Bill’s setup.

No issues with my GERST. Love all the room!!!! I think both are quality and one of the best upgrades I did to my car. Feel free to browse through my pics and let me know if you have any questions. Bummer about the price hike. He was priced low enough that it made it a clear choice for me. If I were doing it today; I suspect the prices will be very similar.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146230757@N04/

There are a couple of Sweptline Dodge owners in my area that have the Gerst (now QA1) front end kits and are very happy with them. Both are daily-driven trucks. I was close to ordering when I discovered the new owners and the massive increase in price. Ended up selling that truck in favor of a one-ton that I'm having fun with.

WHY....do you want or think you need a lowered front end? Strictly appearance or is there some aerodynamic requirements? Please enlighten me.....
BOB RENTON

Don't know about Gerst but i'm happy with the quality of my Rms Alterkation. I do like that if you have a question Bill will jump on the phone with you and get you straightened out, that means a lot and is extremely rare these days.

WHY....do you want or think you need a lowered front end? Strictly appearance or is there some aerodynamic requirements? Please enlighten me.....
BOB RENTON

I like the stock torsion bars for lowering, But I will install a gen3 engine and in that case I want rack and pinion, also remove torsion bars for better space

BOB RENTON
I don’t think it has anything to do with lowering.

I have 2" lowering springs in the rear, I also want 2" loweing in the front. Strictly for appearance only.

Nobody knows if 2" drop or lowering springs is the way to go?

69583615-4DA4-4E13-B106-FAAD2AB3DC6B.jpeg
Nobody knows if 2" drop or lowering springs is the way to go?

I have standard 73-76 A body knuckles/spindles with Bergman 1.15 torsion bars. I trimmed the LCA bump stop. No need for dropped spindles for me.

Auto Transport Service
Back