• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gerst suspension teaming with QA1

Seems like it could be the beginning of the end. If you have a small company building a good product and a large company buys them out the quality goes down because they need to save money to service the dept load on the purchase. I was ready to buy but now I'm going to wait and see.

I am seeing this from a different perspective. Mr Gerst is aging and probably thinking about retirement being in his near future (<10 years). He serves a small community with the majority of the support coming from older people, no torches being passed on. QA1 is a great suspension company who already makes good B Body products 66and up. I see this as an opportunity to continue the hotrod legacy of mopar, just as Ford and chevy folks have already been accustomed to.

90% of the businesses I buy parts from are owned by people in their 70’s, it’s nice to see We’ll continue to have a performance suspension option for future builds.

I like the merge of the 2 brands

like when they bought out CAP Automotive tubular suspension
they expanded on the MoPar lines, far bigger production
maybe even better quality control too

I think it's a good lateral move
I think QA1 will take the ball & run with it
they will be more available, maybe even less expensive
less waiting time too

we'll see

I wish them well, hope they sell a shitload

Seems like it could be the beginning of the end. If you have a small company building a good product and a large company buys them out the quality goes down because they need to save money to service the dept load on the purchase. I was ready to buy but now I'm going to wait and see.
Carl Gerst is a kid. Lol
He has a small shop and couldn't keep up with demand.
He'll still be very much involved.

I like the merge of the 2 brands

like when they bought out CAP Automotive tubular suspension
they expanded on the MoPar lines, far bigger production
maybe even better quality control too

I think it's a good lateral move
I think QA1 will take the ball & run with it
they will be more available, maybe even less expensive
less waiting time too

we'll see

I wish them well, hope they sell a shitload
I think it's a good move also.
His delivery dates were getting pretty stretched out...

From the first time I met Carl promoting his "new suspension products" at the Nats in Ohio, to a phone conversation we had a couple of years ago when I was still debating whose rear 4 link I was going with on my Roadrunner (until the forum forced me to go with Calvert split mono leaf springs :D ) Gerst was ALWAYS helpful and conveyed legitimate care about his customers or potential customers.
I already have a QA1 K-member and complete front suspension, and I believe (and sincerely hope) this works out well for all involved, the Mopar family, QA1 and Carl. I think availability will jump WAY up, but I don't see Gerst letting QA1 bastardize his products thru QA1 letting quality control slip. I don't think that will happen.
:praying:

Auto Transport Service
Back