• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting New Rubber...Suggestions on Sizes?

slepr1

Local time
6:09 PM
Reaction score
About 12 years ago I bartered for some wheels and tires for my 77 Cordoba. I chose 15" Centerline wheels and told the guy I wanted fat tires in the rear and skinnier up front. I never liked the end result. The rears are too fat, bulging out of the quarters and the front is all wheel-well. When I picked it up the rake was crazy high in the rear so I had the front tortion bars cranked up to level it out. Raising the front makes the car wander the road while driving and not very nice to drive, even after an alignment.

I am now planning to change the tires. Overall I need to lower the stance so driving control is regained but I want the car to have an aggressive look. I want to fill the front wheel-well, level with the fender up front. The rear I want a wide tire but not so tall like the present tires and they must fit within the wheel-well. Any suggestions and/or pics would be greatly appreciated.

Doba2.jpg

Attachments

• Cordobasmall.jpg
    Cordobasmall.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 202
  • Cordoba.jpg
    Cordoba.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 218
When I put tires on my Doba I had the shop put 235/70-15 front and 275/60-15 rear installed on factory steel wheels. That will fill up the front wheel wells and level out your ride.

These are 215/70/15 front and 245/70/15 rear. My plan is to move the rears to the front and put 255/70/15 on the rear. They fill the holes quite nice and maintain standard ride height.

Attachments

• IMG_2208.jpg
    IMG_2208.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_2212.jpg
    IMG_2212.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 148
Auto Transport Service
Back