• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting ready for Paint

Maxrat

Local time
3:15 PM
Reaction score
I've had this all Citron Gold 66 Charger for close to 10 years now. 440 cu. in., A/C, Clock, etc... The car is a semi survivor and I'm restoring it to look completely stock (except of course having a 440). It should be painted within this month. It has new suspension, new exhaust, Electroluminescence works, rotating headlights work, rebuilt 727, and more. I've spent weeks polishing and removing scratches from the stainless trim. It should look nice when done.

006.JPG 001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 020.JPG 021.JPG

Body looks nice!

Keeps us posted can't wait to see the final pics....

Looking good. It can be a long road getting to this point and should be downhill going forward. Nice job.

Cover and seal that nice looking engine bay with plastic before you start making clouds of paint. :thumbsup:

Here's what the rest of the car looks like --- parts everywhere in the garage.

104.JPG 105.JPG 107.JPG 102.JPG

That is a beautiful and seldom seen color combination, cant wait to see the end results of all of the years of hard work you have put into this project.

Last edited:
Looks great so far. Can't wait to see the final color on it.

Last edited:
After seeing how you have revamped that engine bay, I am sure the finished product will be just as immaculate. Really looking forward to seeing her dressed up and done! Great work!

After seeing how you have revamped that engine bay, I am sure the finished product will be just as immaculate. Really looking forward to seeing her dressed up and done! Great work!

Believe it or not -- all of the engine compartment paint is original -- except for around the battery. This car really was a nearly intact survivor.

There's a big controversy about the paint color ZZ1 Citron Gold. Some contend the 1966 color was more green while the 1967 ZZ1 Citron Gold was more gold. All I can say is this: This 1966 Citron Gold Charger was a survivor -- the color definitely has more green in it. The shop ordered ZZ1 and it was gold --- not right. After seven remixes later, they finally matched the original color (as close as they could) with the right amount of fine metallic. In different lights it flops from a greenish gold to more gold.

001.JPG

Update -- underneath the hood and trunk lid have been painted. The owner said the car should be painted out by the first week in June.

004.JPG 014.JPG 015.JPG 016.JPG

Looking good brother! Keep the progress pics coming.
My 67 has been sitting in the shop, ready for paint, for about 3 years now...

Looking good brother! Keep the progress pics coming.
My 67 has been sitting in the shop, ready for paint, for about 3 years now...

I't's painful have a car in paint jail.

Next --- paint around edges of engine compartment. I'm leaving the original paint in the engine compartment as it is in great shape and shows well. Still have more work to do in the trunk prior to paint -- but it's not bad.

003.JPG 002.JPG

Update ---- around engine compartment, trunk and hood hinges painted.

003.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back