• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting this #$%^ PB Booster out of my '68 Coronet

JimKueneman

Local time
8:35 AM
Reaction score
So I have ended up stripping my Coronet to get this Power Brake Booster out and I still can't figure it out..

DSC_0022.jpg

Well maybe I stripped it for other reasons but I am struggling to figure out how to get the damn thing disconnected from the brake peddle. The manual just says disconnect it in step 4
Booster.png
, it seems to me the bolt I need is buried between two plates and I have to rip the entire brake peddle frame apart. That can't be right. What I am I missing?

Should be visible under the dash......
But I've never had power brakes.
You gonna delete the power booster?
I swore I always would if I bought a car with power brakes.

Yea I can see it but it looks like I have to disassemble the entire frame that hold the peddle, that is a PIA while still installed (even with the dash and AC box out).

No I looked for a car with PS, PB and AC, I need to rebuild the booster!

Two bolts that go through the pedal come out, (do not remove the pedal), then four bolts that hold the booster on the inside of the firewall.

Got it. It is the bolt through the peddle and the one right behind slightly lower, You have to unhook the spring as well. The whole pivot mechanism stays with the booster.

...and there's very little side to side clearance to get those bolts out.

I'm putting mine back in.

Auto Transport Service
Back