GLASS HOOD AND SCOOP

MIKESPOLARA

Local time
12:37 PM
Reaction score
I'm considering a new glass hood and max hood scoop. Question is would you do the normal bolt scoop to hood or glass the scoop in and eliminate the gap/seam?
1963 Fury clone max

33 IMP

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
I would bolt the scoop to the hood......unless you can get the hood made with the scoop as a part of the hood.
Who are you thinking of getting your hood from, Unlimited or sled city? What part of California are you in, Mike?

MIKESPOLARA

Local time
Reaction score
I would bolt the scoop to the hood......unless you can get the hood made with the scoop as a part of the hood.
Who are you thinking of getting your hood from, Unlimited or sled city? What part of California are you in, Mike?

I would use Unlimited because I can pick it up, maybe 40 mile drive. I would really like to get as much as possible from them since they seem to offer free delivery with $600 order. I'm not close to buying yet so i haven't talked to them.

493 Mike

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:37 PM
Reaction score
If you are looking for a "factory" appearance you should bolt the scoop on.
Mike

MIKESPOLARA

Local time
Reaction score
If you are looking for a "factory" appearance you should bolt the scoop on.
Mike

I will. As much extra work glassing it in is I wouldn't bother. Just through this question out there to hear responses and opinions

hangn0ut

Local time
Reaction score
I'm considering a new glass hood and max hood scoop. Question is would you do the normal bolt scoop to hood or glass the scoop in and eliminate the gap/seam?
1963 Fury clone max
I bought a 68 s/s hood for my dart 35 years ago. It's pretty beat up now of course but the hood to scoop area is still decent. And it's a race hood from unlimited. I also bought a max scoop for my belvedere all those years ago and it's always seemed a bit small to me. For myself if I could find a scoop with the flanges to the inside that's what I would use.

MIKESPOLARA

Local time
Reaction score
I bought a 68 s/s hood for my dart 35 years ago. It's pretty beat up now of course but the hood to scoop area is still decent. And it's a race hood from unlimited. I also bought a max scoop for my belvedere all those years ago and it's always seemed a bit small to me. For myself if I could find a scoop with the flanges to the inside that's what I would use.

The unlimited scoop says inside flange but it seems they haven't had it in stock for awhile.

66Satellite47

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:37 PM
Reaction score
For my '66 I went with AAR. It's the hinge model with a '66-67 scoop, bolt on. It's not the lightest, but sure is stout. Sled City '64 product looked pretty good if you can get ahold of him.

33 IMP

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
I would use Unlimited because I can pick it up, maybe 40 mile drive. I would really like to get as much as possible from them since they seem to offer free delivery with $600 order. I'm not close to buying yet so i haven't talked to them.
That is EXACTLY why I mentioned unlimited, personal inspection, and no shipping, or potential shipping damage.
Unlimited is very handy to me, too. I just wish they made the parts I want for my cars.

Last edited:

bearman

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
I used glastek 1964 glass hood with bolt on maxwedge scoop. The hood fits great scoop ready to get bolted on.