• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Glass Hood Solid Prop Rod

B-mine

Local time
11:19 AM
Reaction score
Hello out there, looking for Props for all 4 corners for car shows, thanks, Rick

Last edited:
A machine shop could turn some for you. Might be a lil costly but would look good. Or just get some pipe and cut them yourself all to the same length.

I looked all over for those things - it seems as most of the members make them themselves or as noted above have a machine shop pump them out. I was lucky that a member on here close to me offered to make me a set. I don't know where on the commercial market you get these posts.

Got my hood props, local machine shop made from aluminum 1"x18", so no more stepping on the hood. DSCF0003.jpgDSCF0002.jpg

Last edited:
I've never seen that before, propping up the hood on all 4's. Would painted PVC work or conduit painted and rubber tips on the ends? How do you keep it from getting blown off by the wind?

By using the pins for the hood, I slip the props over, put a "Reese Towpower Comfort Grip" hitch pin in, put the hood on the posts, and slide the lynch pins in where I had the tops machined to a point like the hood pins.

Auto Transport Service
Back