• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Global warming...

Ironbuilt

Local time
3:47 PM
Reaction score
MY ***!!! I woke up to this in North Carolina this morning. Supposed to get 16 inches before it's all over. The state will be crippled for a week. I guess my steel delivery to Pittsburgh is going to have to wait.

20181209_085736[1].jpg

MY ***!!! I woke up to this in North Carolina this morning. Supposed to get 16 inches before it's all over. The state will be crippled for a week. I guess my steel delivery to Pittsburgh is going to have to wait.

View attachment 688803

Funny thing . . . one hour South of you and we're getting the exact same thing . . . This is being called the storm of the century . . . it's going to be a mess . . .

So, I've got a huge pot of venison spaghetti cooing on the stove to help warm me up on these cold Winter days . . .

BTW - that Semi looks awesome even when it's in the snow ! ! !

Funny thing . . . one hour South of you and we're getting the exact same thing . . . This is being called the storm of the century . . . it's going to be a mess . . .

So, I've got a huge pot of venison spaghetti cooing on the stove to help warm me up on these cold Winter days . . .

BTW - that Semi looks awesome even when it's in the snow ! ! !
The really scary part about this storm is we're supposed to get up to 3 inches of ice overnight. I assume that you still have power? Duke energy just sent us a text message that there are power outages everywhere. This is just the beginning. It's been a tough year weather wise for North Carolina.

we got snow 2 weeks ago.. some parts around us were at 30 cm.. we got about 15 cm.. you all be safe during the winter months.. inside and outside..

The really scary part about this storm is we're supposed to get up to 3 inches of ice overnight. I assume that you still have power? Duke energy just sent us a text message that there are power outages everywhere. This is just the beginning. It's been a tough year weather wise for North Carolina.

Still got power here . . . Just shoveked shoveled some of this white stuff and it will all be ice . . . Very wet . . .

Filled up the gas cans and the generator is on ready standby . . .

Remember 20 years ago Al Gore told us New York would be under water by now and the polar ice caps would be gone...….last time I checked they were still there.

Up here in Western New York, that's just another day for us. We've had that for the better of the last month, or so, and every day is one day closer to spring, even though "official Winter" doesn't start for about 2 weeks yet...

Remember 20 years ago Al Gore told us New York would be under water by now and the polar ice caps would be gone...….last time I checked they were still there.

ya dont believe every thing you read or hear.. its like the chicken that says the sky is falling..

Al Gore,is nothing more than a hypocritical technology pimp! He wants us to drive a Prius,and live in small solar powered homes,while he lives in a mansion,flies around in private jets,and rides in limos. He and his green chronies have billions invested in their "the sky is falling" end of the world global warming technology,and their plan is to force feed it to us so they get richer than they already are! You would think,inventing the internet would have already netted him enough cash!

Seeing all that white stuff...no fun.
Don't remember the year, but snowed in at Chicago for two weeks. Six drivers/rigs had to idle 24 hours a day, while we were in a hotel. Snow drifts higher than the ref trailers!
Two or three found frozen/dead, on some of the highways, after it was done.

Keep that thing on it's wheels, lol!

Why the hate for Al Gore? He would have been wrong if he said ice caps on greenland and antarctica would have melted by 2020 and submerged NY City. I don't recall him saying that. The cold is regional and could actually be tied to climate change, but more likely it is just part of the weather patterns. We had cold here a few weeks ago, but now it is back to being very nice and actually quite warm.

Last edited:

View attachment 688803
ironbuilt does that rig got proheat on it

Yeah, I have a close friend that has a place in N.C. on the ocean. So far this year he's had a Hurricane, Tornadoes,
rain storms, Flooding, and now freezing rain and snow! 100 year storm? I don't think so. Insurance companies
are going nuts. Good luck to Y'all down there!

Nice and normal out here...(but then crazy's normal too!) Some jackass 'professor' was just on the news saying how we 'should be alarmed' at how we had a storm that brought 1" of rain here and that the yearly average "is being re-written every year"...exsqueeze me that's what an average is, a median measurement over several years. So we have 7" one year and 11" the next, and it's always been that way here, and THAT'S where people turn off to the whole argument. Heck we even historically get a snow storm(storm-ha! 4-5" lol) every 30-35 years or so, going back to my great-grandparent's memories. I remember the last one, about 1998..Now, when the next one happens in 2030 and no one remembers the last one, or doesn't have family that were here to remember, imagine the hype! There are changes happening to the ice caps and such, as the data shows...but the cyclical, varying intensity of weather just isn't something to freak out and tear down and re-write our whole economy over..anyway stay warm out there guys!

View attachment 688803
Put on the chains! Lol. Smooth sailing in Ohio, clear dry roads.

I'm laid over in Orlando this weekend Paul, gonna load Monday for Austin tx. Guess I'm gonna miss it all
:lol:

Haven't had any snow yet this fall in my part of Canada. Might be another green Christmas... :)

Haven't had any snow yet this fall in my part of Canada. Might be another green Christmas... :)
Oh no, global warming on your part of the continent and global freezing in other parts.

Why the hate for Al Gore? He would have been wrong if he said ice caps on greenland and antarctica would have melted by 2020 and submerged NY City. I don't recall him saying that. The cold is regional and could actually be tied to climate change, but more likely it is just part of the weather patterns. We had cold here a few weeks ago, but now it is back to being very nice and actually quite warm.

This is why I think it's all a bunch of hooey.....

Facebook_meme_Global_Cooling_11.gif

As with all of these climate pimps, it's all about money. When they all lead by example, maybe I'll listen.

Auto Transport Service
Back