• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Glove box - does this look correct?

Armycopter

Local time
6:53 PM
Reaction score
I recently replaced the panel above the glovebox with a new one. I took out the glove box insert as well as removed the glove box door and hinge in order to access the nuts on the back of the ralleye panel. It was pretty straight forward and went back together easily. After I got it back together it seemed that there was a gap between the glove box door and the A/C vent pad (not sure what else to call it). Maybe it was always like that and I never noticed it. There doesn’t seem to be anyway to adjust the gap. At least that i can see. Does this look normal or is something off? Thanks

676D2425-BC13-4045-8846-6347FEF87839.jpeg

Is the glove box hinge not slotted on one side or the other to allow for adjustment?

Common warpage going on there. 50 years in the elements takes it's toll on them.

Thank you, yes, my charger and I are the same age and I can tell you that the elements do take a toll on us both!

Auto Transport Service
Back