• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Glove box door removal and install

68 Sport Satellite

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:57 PM
Reaction score
Got my car at the interior shop - 68 satellite. Glove box with bracket spring thing attached and lower dash removed by my body guy before paint last year. Now interior shop cant figure out how it goes back in. These guys do great work and normally don't have a problem. Is there an secret or trick to how these go back in? He says the way it seems like it should fit doesn't have enough room.

I haven't seen what he is talking about yet so I will try to get photos Monday. Any ideas?

Got my car at the interior shop - 68 satellite. Glove box with bracket spring thing attached and lower dash removed by my body guy before paint last year. Now interior shop cant figure out how it goes back in. These guys do great work and normally don't have a problem. Is there an secret or trick to how these go back in? He says the way it seems like it should fit doesn't have enough room.

I haven't seen what he is talking about yet so I will try to get photos Monday. Any ideas?

Adjust and adjust again....it takes time.

I was just putting one of these in today and took some pictures for you.

It's one of those baffling installs until you see how it goes in and then it's DUH, why didn't I see that.
P1010042.jpg
Here's the hinge oriented on the floor.
P1010043.jpg
Oriented for install
P1010044.jpg
There she be

It goes up over the lip on the dash. The screws pass through the dash and thread into the hinge. :glasses2:

P1010042.jpg P1010043.jpg P1010044.jpg

Thanks for the great pics -- this website is awesome! thanks to all who connected me to this! It worked!!

A buddy of mine decided to do an internet search when I mentioned to him that it had me baffled and it led him to here so he sent me the link from his phone. Sometimes ya just can't see the forest because of the trees! He's not even a member here lol

I was just putting one of these in today and took some pictures for you.

It's one of those baffling installs until you see how it goes in and then it's DUH, why didn't I see that.
View attachment 123861
Here's the hinge oriented on the floor.
View attachment 123862
Oriented for install
View attachment 123863
There she be

It goes up over the lip on the dash. The screws pass through the dash and thread into the hinge. :glasses2:

View attachment 123861 View attachment 123862 View attachment 123863
After fighting mine (and failing) for an hour, I checked here and found my answer. It's so simple. Thanks a million for the pictures. I kept telling myself it had to be something easy for the assembly folks back in the day. Again, thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back