• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Glove box lamp wire fell out

Edward972

Local time
6:07 AM
Reaction score
The light and holder were working correctly and after I removed the glove box to install a new dash plate, the wire that fits into the plastic glove box light wiggled out. I removed the lamp and holder to get a better look at it but cannot figure out how to re-install the wire into the plastic light bulb holder. I see a slot on the side. Has anyone ever re-connected the wire into the housing, and if so, how is it done. Thanks in advance.

OK, figured it out. Of course the little brass end piece just fell off the wire. For those that ever have this issue, I used a small male electrical spade. It fit in the slot, and when you bend back the top tab, the blub will fit in. I checked it on 12 volts, and the spring to turn it on and off via the glove box door, and it works. Once in a while the good guys win.

Auto Transport Service
Back