• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Glove box liner install

dcw88

Local time
8:52 AM
Reaction score
I got a 69 satellite with ax and I just bought a new glove box liner as there was one when I got the car.

How do you install one of these does any one know

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I slid it in the opening.To the passenger side 1st Take your time because it is a PITA. You have to remove the glove box door.

Never done one in a car....I install them from the back side before glove box goes on when doing my complete dashes. You may be able to remove the glove box door and then slip it through the opening from the front. Not sure...but worth a try. By the way the clips shown in your photo along bottom of opening do not belong there. The clips are on the liner and the screw passes through the open holes.

IMG_0460.jpg

It sux getting it out. Have fun getting it in.

It looks like your fuse box is in the wrong position. It should be lying flat, with the fuses facing down so you can access them from below. Once you sort that, you can slide the new box into the opening, GENTLY working it into position. You should remove the door first. It is a pain, as mentioned above, but not impossible. Once it's in place, you can slip the hinges for the door into place and start installing the screws through the pre-drilled holes.

It looks like your fuse box is in the wrong position. It should be lying flat, with the fuses facing down so you can access them from below. Once you sort that, you can slide the new box into the opening, GENTLY working it into position. You should remove the door first. It is a pain, as mentioned above, but not impossible. Once it's in place, you can slip the hinges for the door into place and start installing the screws through the pre-drilled holes.
The fuse box was screwed down thats all :)

This was the case on 68 B bodies. 69 & 70 B body the fuses are accessed thru glove box as photos above show.

Buy two 'cause you're gonna screw up the first one in frustration !!

This was the case on 68 B bodies. 69 & 70 B body the fuses are accessed thru glove box as photos above show.
Looking back at the pictures, I see what you are saying. I thought they were all flat, like in my 68.

Auto Transport Service
Back