• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Glovebox liner installation?

uk-maxie

Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
Hi all, here's another one for ya...

When I took the old glovebox liner out of our 69 Sport Satellite, I undid whatever screws were holding it in and pulled it out thru the glovebox opening. It was quite a job to get it out without completely trashing the cardboard-type material of the liner, but as we were replacing it with a new one, I wasnt too bothered.

But now we're just about ready to refit the new one, I'd like to check the best way to install it.

Is it possible to get it in from below/behind, if you remove the fuse-box and disconnect any heater hoses?

Cheers :icon_salut:

the 69 or 63?

When I did my 69 i found it easier to push it through the front and line up the mounting holes, I have the A/C box so not enough room even with the fuse box removed. Was pretty easy all in all m8.

Couple of things to consider, at least in hind sight for me. Take care of anything behind and above it before you re-fit I could have tightened up the RR badge on the dash or fixed the vent hoses but was too excited and hurried now I would probably destroy the new one getting it back out.

good luck p.s. post some pictures of your cars I love car **** :)

Thanks BigMan!

Yes the 69. As we havent got AC we might stand more chance of going in from behind (oo-er!) but I'll have a closer look next time I'm at the garage. But I still think the back of the liner is bigger than the opening in the dash :sad1:

I've just done a bit of an update in Members Resto section (Rpb & Stu's 69 Sport Satellite). Will do more tomorrow..

Managed to get the liner in today! Once the hinge assembly & lock catch had been removed... :grin:

Nice work, did it go through the front?

Yeah, through the front :icon_thumleft:

Just needed to 'sqaush' the liner on the right hand side (where it's scored to allow you to do so) which reduces its height enough to get it in. All but 2 of the fixings aligned with the holes in the dash, but it's fixed good enough without those 2. Certainly strong enough for whatever we'll be keeping in there (dont tend to keep guns in glove boxes over here :icon_winkle:)

Did have to do one little mod tho. The 'window' to get access to the fuses is too small & way out of line with the row of fuses, so I trimmed about 3/4" material from right above the window. Wont notice when the flap is screwed back in position tho.

Auto Transport Service
Back