• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gluing emblem on vinyl top

Car #4

Local time
11:04 AM
Reaction score
Somebody didn't put the Charger emblems on the sail panel but they came with the car. I'm thinking of cutting the pins off flat and gluing them onto the vinyl roof. Is this a stupid idea? What glue would I use?

I would try cleaning the area really good and make sure there isn't any wax or armorall on it and use 3M double sided tape, might need to heat it up a little and really press them down.

My concern is that if it doesn't work then I may have a messed up spot on the vinyl top, which would really suck. So I need to be absolutely certain of success before I do it. I removed a stick on RT emblem from the tail panel and it wasn't going to fall off ever. I just didn't know if sticking to the vinyl top would be as good because it has a lot of texture as opposed to being a flat surface.

Auto Transport Service
Back