• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Go wing or Gull wing? 1973 Road Runner

Go wing or Gull wing?

• Go wing

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Gull wing

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Jbol74

Local time
9:47 AM
Reaction score
I’m not sure which one to get. Which one would it have came with in 1973? Any opinions or help is appreciated. Thanks

Just 70s and 71s got wings. Gowings on 70s and Gullwings on 71s. No wings or front spoilers options after 71 I guess except if dealer installed straight from the Direct Connection catalog from previous years stocks per car owner request.

I don't like wings anyway, but between both, I preffer the Gowing.

If I was to fit a Wing on my car would be just like the 70/71 clay prototype, pretty much similar to "The Judge" lines which flows with the body. This design was used by 71wingcars crew to make their own custom car. ( one of their "G series" )

IMG_1148.PNG

Last edited:
Or simply like the Buick's rear wing, once again, flowing with the body

s-l400.jpg

( sure the sharper edge on quarters makes it easier for Buicks )

I would go with the Clay prototype also. For the 73's and 74's, wings just don't do it for me.

Go wings look great on the 73/74 with that square back end, Gull wings look odd but beauty is in the eye of the beholder so do whatever suits you.

true on the Go wing for the 73/74 Charger selection, HOWEVER, "fortunatelly" all 71/74 Plymouths got the same quarter shape profile, so I can't say which will look better if Go or Gull wing on them. Pretty sure Gowing too for same reason than on 73/74 Chargers, a more "defined" quarter top body line

for those who don't know the 71 clay prototype ( I can't find right now the full car view )

71chargerprottyperear.jpg

but taking a mopar example about same idea... 300 hurst

1970-Chrysler-300-Hurst-Edition-2-630x390.jpg

still think, any of them, the Gull wing or the Gowing are too short for the B body width

Last edited:
To me, putting a wing on a 72 and newer car looks wrong. Acceptable, but not quite right. Kind of like putting rallye wheels on a 69 and older Mopar, or a 72-74 Dart/Demon/Dart Sport Snorkel scoop on a Duster. But not as wrong as painting a 67 Coronet Plum Crazy purple.

I don’t like 71 chargers but that purple one is bad *** !

Well 3 to 2 on the go wing but I also had a lot of no wings. And after seeing it wasn’t an option for the 73, I decided to go without. Trying to keep the car as original as possible. All numbers match except the motor which it now has a 440 instead of the original 340. Thank you all. Your opinions and thoughts were greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back