• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

going thru old Hot Rod mags.

Those cars were about a quarter mile away from me.They used to sit in the driveway until they disappeared to the basement.

"Chuck explained that he had at one time parked four Superbirds in his driveway. That was during the 1980s, when the cars weren’t as valuable. Complaints from the neighbors and local township caused him to sell two of the Birds and send the yellow car out for a restoration. He then took the orange car down to its “nest” in the basement. Once it was complete, the yellow car joined the orange one downstairs, where they would stay hidden from the prying eyes of the public—and muscle car collectors."

Love the backstory,TY for sharing it.

Had something similar to that about 25 years ago when wife and I were looking at houses. Looked at a house about quarter mile from where I we bought. House had a pole barn out back. When we walked in, two superbirds were in back corner covered with dust. Both just standard 440 auto, no hemis. Yellow one was in fantastic shape and blue one was in fair shape. You could tell by stone chips/door dings the blue one had been driving regularly in past. Told real estate lady if they leave cars in barn, I'll pay full price plus, even though we really didn't care for house. She relayed message but cars where owned by two brothers (one brother owned house). Guess they bought them in early 80s when price was low and just stuck them in barn for 10 years. They took them when he moved. Someone told me later on they sold the yellow one but never heard about blue one again.

John & ED are both lucky dudes

cool rides for damn sure

thanks for sharing

Auto Transport Service
Back