• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Going to bed early usually means.....

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:27 PM
Reaction score
....waking up early! Woke up the first time at 1:45a having to go and drain myself. Laid awake for a bit then dozed off only to wake up again at 2:15 then 3 and finally 3:40. Had to chuckle about that last one. Got up, washed my face and brushed my fangs, made the bed, threw in a load of whites into the washer, got dressed and came out to the shop. Been awhile since being out here so early. At least it's not hot! Supposed to hit 90 today though after several days in a row in the mid to high 80's.

threw in a load of whites into the washer

1661947479666.png

Thunderstorms all night here. Very humid. 95% But, it HAS cooled off down to the 60's overnight so that's good. Had trouble getting to sleep last night too.

I'm guessin that you'll be ready for a power-nap around noontime!

power-nap= a nap long enough for you to power through the rest of the day!

I was thinking "Beauty Sleep" but it's hopeless... There just isn't enough time for some things.... :lol:

Yesterday I fell asleep in my easy chair right after having a bite to eat for lunch....about 12:30 or so. Got a good nights sleep night before but maybe it wasn't enough. Ya get tired quicker in this older age these days. Not sleepy yet though but it's 86 and 80% out here in the shop so I might not be staying out here for much longer lol

I was thinking "Beauty Sleep" but it's hopeless... There just isn't enough time for some things.... :lol:
No such thing as 'beauty sleep' for me! It's just making me get more and more ugly!

.....means waking up three times instead of two, to let the dogs out.
My shepherds drink Dr Pepper. .... they have to pee at 10, 2, and 4 (a.m.).

Sucks to not "HOLD ONE"S Water" for a solid nights sleep. DAMHIK because I do also!!! cr8crsjr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Always Better to Wake Up and Pee.jpg

.....means waking up three times instead of two, to let the dogs out.
My shepherds drink Dr Pepper. .... they have to pee at 10, 2, and 4 (a.m.).
Time to cut off the dr. Pee. We don’t have any dogs now, but have had dogs for most of my life and they would be let out to do their business before bed. They always slept the night through unless they heard something that triggered a reaction. Maybe somebody or something wakes them up, or maybe they have now been “trained “ to get you up every few hours.

After 30 years of railroading (and hating all the ugly shifts etc) I love getting up early now.0430k is early and 0600k is late for me. I get lots done before lunchtime too. Anything accomplished in the afternoon is just bonus I figure.

30+ years of rotating shifts (26 yrs 12hr shifts): sleep better 9am to 430pm, NO PEE NEEDED, 9pm to 430am, WTH, usually at 130amPEE DRAIN!! CAN'T FIGURE THAT OUT. SUM-BITCH!!!

Woke up the first time at 1:45a...
After the "death thrall cancer" 11 years ago, for whatever reason I started waking up at 3am.
Didn't matter when I went to bed, how tired I was, nothing changed that...
Over time though, with each surgical this or that, the time kept getting chipped at even further.
Today? About 1:45am, regular as rain. Bedtime is usually 10:30-11pm.

A few folks have played amateur psychologist with that, inferring it shows I'm afraid of dying or
whatever.
Fact is, I'm not. At all.
In fact, I'm pretty damn stubborn about not...
If I were to try to reason it out, if anything I may be subconsciously trying to find a way to maximize
my "here" time this way, who knows.
It is what it is.

Best advice my mon gave me to sleep all night, do not drink too much water before going to bed and trust the alarm clock never watch the clock at nigh, still work for me.

Best advice my mon gave me to sleep all night, do not drink too much water before going to bed and trust the alarm clock never watch the clock at nigh, still work for me.
That has been one nice side effect of all this for me - I haven't needed an alarm clock in several years now.

Auto Transport Service
Back