• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Going to go to a duel master cylinder which one?

KENTON

Local time
1:17 AM
Reaction score
I am going to put a duel master cylinder on a 64 belvedere. I am keeping the non power drums all around on it for now. What master cylinder do I need? The original has a 1" bore.

Simple answer is if you like the brake effort, stick with the 1". Want more stopping power, less effort, but more travel, go smaller bore. If you think you have plenty of power and too much pedal travel now, go a hair bigger.

As far as which model, in my 69 belveder I'm using dr diff's aluminum mc and it works fantastic.... maybe check out rock auto for some other options, though he warned that most of them will have been sitting on the shelf for 10 years or so... ask me how I know.

The only master to use IMHO is one from Wilwood, spec'd by Wilwood and built by Wilwood. Too much $ you say? Well you may end up buying 2 or 3 other types with poor results only to find you should have bought a Wilwood in the first place. I do not work or are associated in any way with this company but I can say, when it comes to masters, been there done that? Good luck.

i have a 15/16" (off a '90's dakota truck) with manual brakes on my '65 coronet. works well.

What is it with these combative car parts? Just the other day someone on the /6 board was asking about "duel" exhaust. Please explain, what is this "duel" thing that seems to be going around, I don't get it?

the aluminum 15/16" from dr diff works great!

Attachments

• Feb 2015 001.jpg
    Feb 2015 001.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 135
  • Oct 2014 007.jpg
    Oct 2014 007.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 137
NAPA has a couple of master cylinders that will work. http://www.napaonline.com/napa/en/p/NMAM1874M_0498099521 http://www.napaonline.com/napa/en/p/NMBP1874M_0482601541 I also used the conversion kit from Inline Tube that came with the MC lines and the distribution block. The kit made the conversion pretty easy.
This is exactly the type of thing I was thinking about. Thanks, Kenton.

- - - Updated - - -

What is it with these combative car parts? Just the other day someone on the /6 board was asking about "duel" exhaust. Please explain, what is this "duel" thing that seems to be going around, I don't get it?

Oops, for all you school teachers or want to be school teachers. I meant "dual" master cylinder.

Auto Transport Service
Back