• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Going under the knife

I have a titanium rod in my femur. When I was first recovering, I liked telling people my rod hurt.

Hey 68,by the time you read this you'll be coming down off the painkillers but i still want to say wish you the best. Titanium huh? Does that mean your gonna have super powers? LOL good luck.

Everything went well with the surgury on Wed. Was in a lot of pain yesterday but it's better today. Just got to heel. I start PT on th 12th. I guess they don't want stuff to freeze up so they get things moving right away. Thanks to all for your thoughts. Oh yeah, roadrunnerman, I didn't mean to highjack your thread, just wanted to let ya know your not alone.

a BIG GOOD LUCK TO BOTH OF YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang::headbang:

68 hey no problem on using this thread. if anybody else wants to use this, they certainly can.glad you are feeling better.

Finally got a date scheduled for monday oct. 10th. Will be home the weekend before that to clean all my stuff out of the truck.Surgery will be done up in woodbury,mn. so i get to enjoy a 3 hr ride home under heavy medication of course. Hope i don't see any of these :ufo: on the way.

Also wanted to add that anybody that has had surgery or going to have, i want to wish all of you a fast and speedy recovery as well.

Hope everyone that's going under the knife turns out ok! My dad when through this when he was in his late 50's and his was pretty bad and it came out ok. Doctors said for years it was bursitis but were wrong and it was a glenoid labrum tear iirc. He built houses for well over 20 years and took a few falls not to mention swinging hammers a lot and the doctor that finally diagnosed him said that would take it's toll.

Good luck but I been cut on 9 times and they never put you back together just quite right!!

This will be my first time EVER for any surgery.I hope i don't have to go 8 more times to tie with you.

Everything for me so far has been minor...tonsils and a few bad cuts. Got cut one time that severed two tendons in my left hand. The PT was way worse than getting the cut!

51 years old and i still have my tonsils and appendix. Cranky,know what you mean about the PT. When i was doing it,sometimes i felt worse afterwards then b4 i went in.

I got hurt in 2010, broke my arm and tore the "supraspnatus" (spelling?) tendon completely loose. They made me do physical therapy for 3 months before the Doc would do the surgery to fix me back up. It pissed me off at the time, but in the end it WAS for the best! I built up enough muscles, and they were limber enough that the recovery time after surgery was greatly reduced. See, the problem is that you will probably be immobilized for several weeks after the surgery, unable to use your arm and shoulder muscles. They will tend to shrivel up from lack of use. After I was able to start therapy after surgery, my recovery was very quick. They said if I had not worked so hard at the PT before surgery, my recovery time would have easily doubled and probably not had as good of a success. Best thing you can do now, is rig up a rope and pully mechanism before you are incapacitated. Use the good arm to raise and lower the bad arm up and down withouit having to use the muscles. that will keep it limered up and movable for when the therapy starts. Best of Luck! (Been there, done that.)

Top Fuel speeds on your recovery, afterwards... you got as couple of weeks before the surgery, are you nervous ??... P/T is tough, sometime brutal, but well worth the pain/discomfort in the short term, my left knee was the worst for P/T & driving was near impossible with a clucth, the shoulder was a piece of cake in comparison, it's all worth it, for the long run end results, of full mobility & no pain hopefully... Have a nice day & Happy Moparing

Best of luck to you man!! One reason i have an automatic car now, ive been there before with the pain and trying to shift and i know ill be having surgery in the future, hopefully a long time in the future but thats my prayer probably not the reality of whats coming sooner with my foot... I do wish you the best though!

Auto Transport Service
Back