• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Gold color console for 73 Charger with slapstik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charger Fan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:36 AM
Reaction score
Looking to buy and un-cracked gold console to replace one that is cracked in my '73 Charger SE. Need the upper piece but will buy both pieces.

I have one with a tiny piece missing along the skinny edge,
maybe between the two you can make one $60 shipped
I can send pics, I have PayPal
thanks
Sal

That can be fixed. I fixed this one.
Back of the console had a crack lengthwise center top.
One front corner was cracked and reinforced the other corner, other tabs were repaired.
I bought some acetone, got some ABS plastic, made little pieces put them in a glass jar with some acetone.
Left them until they made a thick glue.
I shaped a piece of ABS to shape of the console top, using a heat gun to soften the ABS so I could form it. Put the glue on the console top as shown and clamped it.
It will take awhile to make the glue.
You might be able to get white ABS, don’t know.
Main thing shape the reinforcement piece correctly.

That can be fixed. I fixed this one.
Back of the console had a crack lengthwise center top.
One front corner was cracked and reinforced the other corner, other tabs were repaired.
I bought some acetone, got some ABS plastic, made little pieces put them in a glass jar with some acetone.
Left them until they made a thick glue.
I shaped a piece of ABS to shape of the console top, using a heat gun to soften the ABS so I could form it. Put the glue on the console top as shown and clamped it.
It will take awhile to make the glue.
You might be able to get white ABS, don’t know.
Main thing shape the reinforcement piece correctly.
Can you send photos of your repair?

Pics

D3B3E89C-AC94-476A-80FE-0E2A5D5260EB.jpeg

26A4602C-293E-4FB9-8483-C6A9C40DD685.jpeg

34864FFF-E6F7-41D7-8D32-C93BEB57699C.jpeg

EC4728F3-8F5A-48FA-BD37-859A2686015E.jpeg

Has anybody compared SEM vinyl Palomino #15323 with the medium gold color specified for 1973 Dodge Medium gold? I found a Martin-Senour color code for it, 32Y-16162, but can't find that number matches any paint they offer today. The Hamtramck Registry shows the color as Medium Gold for interior panels but can't seem to find a match for 1973 Dodge interior "Meduim Gold" in any vinyl spray product. My fender tag calls out E6Y4 as the interior code. I found a good top console piece to replace my cracked one but its black and want to see if I can paint it and the bottom piece to come close to the original color. Ant color suggestions or experiment results with colors would be appreciated.

73_Charger0010.jpg

73_Charger0004.jpg

image0.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back