• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gold hits record new high

68gtxman

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:55 AM
Reaction score
I wonder what is going on with precious metals at this time? Gold just hit $2,055 an ounce. Silver is near a new record as well at $27.55. Usually, this signals a huge horrific event is on the way, like a global catastrophe.

Anyone have an idea about what is behind this phenomenon?

I wonder what is going on with precious metals at this time? Gold just hit $2,055 an ounce. Silver is near a new record as well at $27.55. Usually, this signals a huge horrific event is on the way, like a global catastrophe.

I don't know why its high? But I should finish my bush plane and start prospecting in Alaska! $$$$

My understanding is gold and silver always increase in value during a global event like a pandemic or other uncertainty.

People getting worried that the "polls" are right. Market crash.

Edited

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't we already in one or more "global catastrophes"?

My stocks are up 10% across the board today.

The reason for the increase in Silver, was the Justice Dept ordered Chase and JP Morgan to release over a Trillion in Silver Bullion they were holding for a very long time. This caused a surge in buying as this was released into the market. I personally for the last 20 years have been investing in Silver Bullion. No Paper Stocks!!! The actually physical Bullion. I prefer the tangible as opposed to the intangible when it comes to this commodity. Right now I am laughing all the way because every day it keeps going up...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Last edited:
It’s especially odd given the relentless march of the stock market. Those two don’t usually rise in tandem. I guess I think it’s hedging bets. The market can’t keep up this pace for long without another correction. THe nasdaque in particular is on a terror. I’ve taken Some Equities off the table recently just trying to be cautious. Another virus lockdown would be an event that could send it. The election to a lesser degree - but still very concerning

Silver has been much higher $44 oz the old man I took care of sold some off at that price I have a receipt somewhere
I sold alot at $21-22 oz about a year ago
It did drop down to 14 oz not long after but good to see it back up once it drops again I'll be buying again

I don't do "paper stocks". Only gold, silver and real estate.

Bullion and the stock market usually don't rise together. I have no idea what is going on. I am not an expert by no means.

I seriously considering selling off a bulk of my bullion.

I started out in investing in 1oz. American Eagle gold coins when gold was in the $400.00 an ounce price range.
My portfolio just keeps going up and up, with the increase.
It will keep going higher, but will stabilize all over again, as it always has, from past history, with this type of investment.

The dividends from my stock holdings have paid for 50% of my portfolio.

They will all eventually be free.

Perhaps when all the kids go back to school, C-19 will spread like a wildfire.
Hope not!!!!!!!!

Just waiting for the price to plummet. I missed the last turn, so am looking to get in the game when it drops...and it will.

Perhaps when all the kids go back to school, C-19 will spread like a wildfire.
Hope not!!!!!!!!
Adults can't socially distance due to their wants... you think 7 year olds can do it. I know you don't Greg... scary times.

If I'd only listened to a customer of mine and had bought $100K worth of gold like him when it was $280 CDN an ounce.... ($2055 is now @2700CDN). He sold this morning.....

My broker said if Biden wins put your money in gold. The stock market will fall big time.

I'd think,
it's because less people mining right now,
because Chinese Wuhan Flu lock downs,
10's of thousands of ounces, not being mined daily

(much like the Discovery show Gold Rush, had said a while back)

IMO, right now, it's a supply & demand deal
less supply, demands more $$$ (basic economics ?)
when the demand for products, that use of Gold & Silver, is still there
would be my best educated/wild *** guess
as to why both Gold & Silver are up

stock market is truly baffling sometimes for rhyme or reasoning
sometimes it's a run on product,
driven by big $$$ investors, hedging bets,
big $$$ manipulating stocks &/or commodities
& boosting their own investments
sometimes it's a boom &/or supply & demands too
sometime it's "insider trading", someone knows something
more than others & that's driving prices,
people see the rise & want to get on that bandwagon
just not to be left out, frenzy/speculations

Silvers high was like $50+ an oz.,
IIRC wasn't that way, way back in the mid late 80's ?
during the 1st real tech (cellphone & computer) boom ?
it's no where near that level "yet"

people worried is another one,
Gold & Silver will always be usable as some sort of currency

so is lead

Last edited:
In todays video by Santa Surfing on u tube she says Trump is bringing in his version of NESARA. The main focus now is to eliminate the Federal Reserve and its fiat currency and replace it with something called, if I can remember correctly, Quantum Value Currency, a gold backed currency. This must be done slowly and in increments...one goes down as the other gains. This has been planned for a long time and if the Pres. is successful it will be far less painful compared to the Hildabeast being in office. She has been reporting folks are having their debts eliminated , collage loans, home mortgages and credit scores cleaned up. These debts are being paid of by the big banks who have been fleecing America for years. A couple of folks showed letters they had written to the IRS as being returned/anwsered by JP Morgan....not the IRS. She contends that for every dollar gold rises in cost is costing the big banks millions. Have no clue if this is all horse hockey or there is some truth in there, but these are the craziest times I have ever lived in.
You can look up all the massive company CEO s that have been stepping down, retiring and just getting out in the last 10 to 15 months for no apparent reasons , they know something is coming.

Auto Transport Service
Back