• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good article over at Hagerty: Do Mopar’s famously wild colors bring more money at auction?

I would have, it’s a rare color compared to others, and it’s 1971 only, look how production was down.

I really don’t think FF4 is a 10% premium. It should be over with FT6

I like how the author's favorite color is MM1.

Of course they do. Put a 70 Cuda on the auction block with a high impact color and a F8 car and see which brings more money. Just sayin. I remember at the dealership. Resale Red always sells higher.

I have a GK6 '71 Challenger R/T I was trying to sell for a quite awhile and eventually concluded I couldn't give it away. Checks all the right boxes like E87, D21 and A34, so I do believe my snooty Mopar brethren don't want a brown car!
I have a FK5 Challenger convertible and a good buddy of mine has a 71 gunmetal gray, GA4 I believe is the code, Challenger convertible. We've been parked together at numerous events over the years and almost every time someone would come up to him and ask him if he wants to sell it. I've had maybe 4 or 5 people ask me that in 25 years I've had my convertible. It's my favorite car to cruise bar none, so it has been out and about 100's of times over that quarter century, people just don't bug me about selling it.
So I wholeheartedly agree that people get real picky about color. Good vintage Mopars are hard enough to find so color is generally the least of my concerns, but maybe I am funny that way.
At any rate my garage has become sort of an island of unwanted color cars. Oh well I love em so screw all you damn color snobs!
And if anyone has an unwanted brown or green 69 or 70 Coronet R/T convertible please let me know I'll be happy to add it to my misfit toys collection!

10-18-15 (8).jpg

I bought a 69 roadrunner in spite of its color, because of what the rest of the car was. I came to love the color, because of both its rarity, and it's looks.
A12 in Bahama yellow, otherwise known as butterscotch (dodge).

Auto Transport Service
Back