• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good karma, cool folks on FBBO

Sahara

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:25 PM
Reaction score
Way North Canada. Polar Bear shaped license plates
Some time ago I got a huge stash of polar bear licence plates from work after they were removed from our vehicles for new ones. They were free, going in the garbage. I got perhaps thirty of them.
Generally, they sell for about ten buck each to tourists, but I usually just give them away because ten bucks isn’t enough to change my life for the better. And I have a good life already.
I posted here on FBBO if anyone wanted one I’d send them one, for free.
Because of covid, many on the planet are having a tough time. Because wife, daughter, her fiancé, and I are considered essential workers we’ve all worked through the pandemic. Banked money when others have lost, literally, everything.
I sent my last plate out about ten days ago, for a total expenditure of about a hundred and fifty bucks. Not a lot of money, certainly in the old car hobby.
The goodwill that this has generated has been amazing. I’ve received several nice comments and thank you letters. Several have helped me with parts for my Wannabee. This morning I received an amazing boomerang from Australia.
I’m Christian, but a “not in your face” Christian. Call it god, karma, whatever you like, I’m a firm believer in what goes around comes around. I’ve tried to, I dunno, bless you with whatever I can contribute. You guys bless me just by being there.

Some time ago I got a huge stash of polar bear licence plates from work after they were removed from our vehicles for new ones. They were free, going in the garbage. I got perhaps thirty of them.
Generally, they sell for about ten buck each to tourists, but I usually just give them away because ten bucks isn’t enough to change my life for the better. And I have a good life already.
I posted here on FBBO if anyone wanted one I’d send them one, for free.
Because of covid, many on the planet are having a tough time. Because wife, daughter, her fiancé, and I are considered essential workers we’ve all worked through the pandemic. Banked money when others have lost, literally, everything.
I sent my last plate out about ten days ago, for a total expenditure of about a hundred and fifty bucks. Not a lot of money, certainly in the old car hobby.
The goodwill that this has generated has been amazing. I’ve received several nice comments and thank you letters. Several have helped me with parts for my Wannabee. This morning I received an amazing boomerang from Australia.
I’m Christian, but a “not in your face” Christian. Call it god, karma, whatever you like, I’m a firm believer in what goes around comes around. I’ve tried to, I dunno, bless you with whatever I can contribute. You guys bless me just by being there.
That is great news....congrats, and you deserve the good karma. :thumbsup:

When you give out of just niceness and expect nothing in return, good things come your way
It does not necessarily have to come from the recipient to whom you extended this act of kindness but I can assure you that you will receive for what good you have given and done.
We need more in this world like you

Good things happen to good people. When we landed on the shores of Canada, they opened up their hearts to a family that was truly lost. I NEVER forgot it. There's a piece of Canada in me that will never wash off. You did good!! Don't change, it fits you well!!

@Sahara Canadians helped my entire family when we sorely needed it, both on the way to Alaska and the way back to the lower 48. You and you nation will always have a warm place in my heart and it’s because of Canadians just like you! Salute!

Auto Transport Service
Back