Several years ago my next door neighbor was cleaning out his workshop and offered me several tools that he no longer had any use . . . and without blinking an eye, bought all of them. This drill - probably cost me $20 . . . they don't make them like this anymore . . . and this thing is a hoss . . . Had to bust it out to do a job . . . and it's "probably" not a good idea, when you plug it in and the cord starts sparking . . . and catches on fire . . . can you guess why that happened ? ? ? ? This was the wires inside the handle that attached to the switch . . . so brittle that they were cracking when they were removed form the drill . . . So now . . . this bad boy is sporting a new cord and plug . . . and ready to help me with the next project . . .