• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good places to buy fuel system components

Skytrooper

1SG (Ret.)
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:15 PM
Reaction score
First one of ya that says Classic Industries is gonna have tragic accident....LOL !

Anyway, l need to get a few items for my 71 440 Charger R/T:
1. The correct fuel sending unit
2. Fuel vapor separator
3. Tank filler neck gasket

I have just started looking around. I couldn't find one place that had all 3 parts. Most of the major players are incredibly backlogged. I mean honestly, I have a couple things I want to do while the tank is out, but not weeks worth. I am hesitant to go the ebay route, although I could have my parts quicker....they might be of a substandard quality.

Thanks for whatever assistance you can provide !

I have bought of Mega Parts many times and they have been excellent. Also shipping is reasonable which is a big factor considering where I live.

Last edited:
Van's Auto has everything you are looking for

@Skytrooper as you pointed out, there are varying levels of quality on the three items that you are searching for. The fuel sending units will be toughest item to source that will read correctly. I am not aware of any of the current reproductions that are known to have a good track record. I still have a couple of the 71 to 74 B-Body 3/8" with 1/4" that were manufactured by the original vendor to Chrysler. Even these had a 3% failure rate on the ones that we have bench tested.

On the fuel vapor separator, some of the cheaper imported pieces will have the incorrect orifice size for the return line. Also, the cheaper units do not have the screen mesh as the better quality units have.

On the filler neck grommet, some of them have an issue with gasoline. They will become soft and spongy and will separate at the mold lines leading to a fuel leak. Seek out a vendor who sells the grommet with a nitrile composition. They will cost you a few dollars more, but dropping a fuel tank is a job you only want to do once and a fuel leak is something that you never want.

Auto Transport Service
Back