• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good to add a little oil above the fuel measure with a air cooler system?

XEO1-

Local time
3:30 AM
Reaction score
We all know that the major mistake many people make are having oil severely above the fuel mark. But what if I was to tell you thr biggest mistake is overheating.

the engine begins to burn oil creating heat-condensation(don’t know the right word) that conducts into the engine block,crank,and rods bearings..

One of the worst things anyone can do internally inside a motor is have a unbalanced crank and rods spinning inside each 5 journals where the rods are thrusting the crank around in cockeyed rotations inside the 5 journals with vibration and heat absorption from higher oil contents burning at a higher rate because of a higher level of oil not being pumped continuously to cool down in the oil cooler- into every moving part and block heating is building up inside a unbalanced crank and rods…

but what I believe is having alittle added oil not to much in a unbalanced crank it might can help if I had a higher electric oil pump that works drastically harder to pump oil from its main level and back in damn fast while a damn good duel fan electric intercooler that’s cooling oil at a rapid accelerated rate I believe could help a amateur built motor properly operate…

why my dad is concerned so much but doesn’t necessary believe I know what I’m talking about which I usually don’t because I’m still learning about engines from dad but wanted y’all information on it…

it’s a topic in my head right now for a ideal motor for a unbalanced funnel crank that’s orbiting round and round a < it expands out word like this | producing a centrifugal spark via g ratios like a fighter plane feeling emense forces- meaning gravities density on match like flint burnt by friction fuel and gravity by forcing the hand to flick the match to burn…

I have to make it in far cry map editor to fully see what I’m talking about.
If y’all haven’t seen type in far cry map editor in for b bodies search it’s a lot of bi pedal tech I showed earlier many months ago..

I'm confused? So fix a unbalanced rotating assembly by adding extra oil to the crankcase? ? ?

blinks-confused.gif

I'm confused? So fix a unbalanced rotating assembly by adding extra oil to the crankcase? ? ?

yea but oil is being transferred out of thr engine faster by a very good oil pump that works at faster rpms that isn’t being ran off thr distributor and a damn good duel fan oil cooler

Thr oil would have to be a lesser weight oil but hurts on lubrication… because of higher oil psi in the entire system.. that friction will cause more heat internally in oil avenues located all over the block because it’s being pump at a acceralerated pace compared to a standard oil pump… I’m thinking 5w oil…

Either that or use teflon coated rubber bearings to absorb the impact friction.

You have an exceptional mind kid. One day you'll come up with something really spectacular.

Right now though shouldn't we just balance the engine correctly?

We all know that the major mistake many people make are having oil severely above the fuel mark. But what if I was to tell you thr biggest mistake is overheating.

the engine begins to burn oil creating heat-condensation(don’t know the right word) that conducts into the engine block,crank,and rods bearings..

One of the worst things anyone can do internally inside a motor is have a unbalanced crank and rods spinning inside each 5 journals where the rods are thrusting the crank around in cockeyed rotations inside the 5 journals with vibration and heat absorption from higher oil contents burning at a higher rate because of a higher level of oil not being pumped continuously to cool down in the oil cooler- into every moving part and block heating is building up inside a unbalanced crank and rods…

but what I believe is having alittle added oil not to much in a unbalanced crank it might can help if I had a higher electric oil pump that works drastically harder to pump oil from its main level and back in damn fast while a damn good duel fan electric intercooler that’s cooling oil at a rapid accelerated rate I believe could help a amateur built motor properly operate…

why my dad is concerned so much but doesn’t necessary believe I know what I’m talking about which I usually don’t because I’m still learning about engines from dad but wanted y’all information on it…

it’s a topic in my head right now for a ideal motor for a unbalanced funnel crank that’s orbiting round and round a < it expands out word like this | producing a centrifugal spark via g ratios like a fighter plane feeling emense forces- meaning gravities density on match like flint burnt by friction fuel and gravity by forcing the hand to flick the match to burn…

Perhaps a solution to your understanding of the dynamic forces involved is to educate your Father in the fundamentals of the hydrodynamic wedge principles of lubrication with regard to journal bearings (crankshaft and connecting rod hearings). What you propose or reiterate makes no sense. As stated, a properly balanced crankshaft, taking into account the weight of the ALL reciprocating componrnts involved: piston, rings, pin, rod weight and hardware and pin retainers, will drastically reduce any bending (moment) forces in the journals, allowing the hydrodynamic wedge to support the rotating mass of the assembly. Get back to the basics of engine mechanics not some preconceived erroneous information. Just my opinion of course.
BOB RENTON

Once again, an untranslated imogee (?) that represents an unknown element of thought, that is supposed to convey something known to ???, about nothing......say what you mean....unless you have nothing to say, then what you don't say, means nothing, and its excellently expressed.......
BOB RENTON

I don't see any issue with having extra oil in the pan. it only becomes a problem when the level gets high enough windage starts to aerate it!

Auto Transport Service
Back